Medical Information

Davidium

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I would go about getting my complete medical history and what would be the best way to do this?

It is required for insurance but for the most part I cannot give specifics and couldn't even tell you what year something happened.

Regards,

Dave

The assurance company is looking for instances where you were diagnosed with a condition, took antibiotics, were hospitalised, medical issues like diabetes/asthma/respiration conditions, blood tests etc and treatment of these.

If you can give the year and condition any of the above occurred (if applicable) this will suffice. Any further and more detailed information required, they can obtain by writing to your GP.

If you can't remember the above then contact your GP and ask for a list of your visits and treatments.

The insurance co usually ask the name of your GP and they will probably write to him anyway for your medical history. He/she will have a record of all tests carried out, vaccinations, etc.

You normally just have to outline major events like investigations, xrays and consultant visits, what they were for, whether they were normal or not, and when they occured.
Admitting to coughs and colds is totally normal. I have had insurance accepted for a mortgage without any doctor being written to as there was nothing to report. Always be truthful though, as false info can nullify the policy. Also remember, your GP is obliged to always be truthful when reporting your health. They cannot leave out or couch something in a favourable light.

Back