How to reduce your Home Insurance premium in 3 mins!

SOM42

Currently insured with a major provider. I got the renewal notice in the post a few days ago. They were seeking €535 for a standard 4 bed semi. Thinking it was a bit steep I did an internet search and got qoutes for similar cover for approx €390. I rang my provider this morning to inform them I would be taking my business elsewhere. Within 15 seconds they told me they would match this qoute. They just dropped their price by €145 without even thinking about it. Just goes to show how much can be saved by shopping around.

yeah,

this goes for car insurance, i usually ring up a whinge and they knock money off my renewal quote as well.

insurance companies make their money on lazy people.

Yes - it always pays to haggle. Or at least when it doesn't then you have lost little other than a bit of time/hassle. But always remember to check the terms & conditions of any insurance policy to check that it meets your specific needs and don't shop around on price alone.

My neighbour is an insurance broker and very good friend. Each year he posts me my car insurance renewal stating ''the best price I can get you is ...''. I ring around and usually get an online quote for at least €200 less. I go back to him with this quote and straight away he says no problem, he will match it. My insurance is due in June but this year I will not go back to him, just go with the best quote online.

My neighbour is an insurance broker and very good friend. Each year he posts me my car insurance renewal stating ''the best price I can get you is ...''. I ring around and usually get an online quote for at least €200 less. I go back to him with this quote and straight away he says no problem, he will match it. My insurance is due in June but this year I will not go back to him, just go with the best quote online.

Just make sure cover is like for like, as clubman said, have heard people being so happy bout saving €100 online, then they discover that they dont have windscreen cover with new company & they have to fork out €240 for new one!!

very important t check that the replacement cover is at least as good as the older cover. it is up to you to check, do not just take the word of someone in the new company, as in the event of a dispute, it is one word against the other, if they deny telling you what you claim you were told.

One of the forgotten 'perks' in motor insurance is the 'driving of other peoples cars'. That is a benefit that allows policyholder (not named drivers) to drive another car, that is not your property. Some companies, who give cheaper cover do NOT give this benefit.

Back