PTRB Query

Pexus1976

Hello,

I am a landlord. My property letting agent registered me through PRTB in 2011.

Is this a legal requirement?

I have not paid the fee for 2012 or 2013, what are the consequences?

All advice appreciated.

Yes, registration is a legal requirement, if you still have the same tenants, then no fee is due for 2012/2013

What happens if I don't register?
It is a legal requirement that landlords must register tenancies with the PRTB. Please see the penalties applicable under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004. You should also note that until such time as a tenancy has been entered onto the PRTB's register of tenancies, the PRTB is precluded from dealing with any dispute relating to the tenancy that may be referred to it by the landlord. Click here to go to the Registrations Enforcement FAQs for further information.

How often do I have to register?
The PRTB registers tenancy agreements. Registration lasts the length of the tenancy. But it is subject to a maximum duration of four years. When a tenancy has been in existence for four years it must then be re-registered with the PRTB.

http://www.prtb.ie/landlords/helpful-info-documents

Yes ,it is a legal requirement .

You only need to pay the PRTB when you get new tenants . If you have the same tenants since 2011 you dont owe anything .Also if the same tenant stays for 4 years
you must pay PRTB another 90 euro. You will need the RT number for your accountant
in order to claim mortgage interest relief .

Yes ,it is a legal requirement .

You only need to pay the PRTB when you get new tenants . If you have the same tenants since 2011 you dont owe anything .Also if the same tenant stays for 4 years
you must pay PRTB another 90 euro. You will need the RT number for your accountant
in order to claim mortgage interest relief .
Unless the new tenants are there by an assignment of the lease, whether fixed term or Part 4, in which case it is still the same tenancy.

Back