Water charges relief at standard rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not seem fair imo.
I and many others have been paying for our own water supply via wells for many years now, as there is no public water supply service to all homes in the country
The cost of installing this, running and maintenance is not cheap and annualy this may even cost as much (maybe more) than the the new water charges for others.

Does not seem fair imo.
I and many others have been paying for our own water supply via wells for many years now, as there is no public water supply service to all homes in the country
The cost of installing this, running and maintenance is not cheap and annualy this may even cost as much (maybe more) than the the new water charges for others.

You and the many others need to get up to Dublin and have a big march/make a lot of noise on behalf of those in private water schemes/own wells.
Or get some elderly citizens from your area to take over a church in central Dublin.

That's how policy is decided in this country

Was thinking abvout that.
But it appears the main streets in Dublin and the popular church's are fully booked out till after Christmas.

This is a cod you would have to be paying €500 to get €100 back, this implies that we will be paying in excess of €500 on water charges going forward.
In a few years like the relief for bin charges it will be abolished.

Will this be credited instantly to anyone, or will you have to apply for it at the end of the year?

And how does this apply to people in shared/rented accommodation (ie - not in a relationship other than housemates) - will it only be the Bill owner? Or all people in the house can apply for it?

And how does this apply to people in shared/rented accommodation (ie - not in a relationship other than housemates) - will it only be the Bill owner? Or all people in the house can apply for it?
Don't see this as being an option. I.e. You can claim tax relief on portion of a charge not applicable to you! Th detail will be included in the Finance Bill next year as explained by Brendan Howlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back