Range v Oven and Hob

shaking

I'm putting in a new kitchen and love the look of a range. Have decided against an aga as anyone I know who has one says you have to turn it off for the summer as the house gets too hot. Meaning you need an aga and an oven and hob! While the ranges look lovely are they worth the money?

Have stanley range in kitchen/diner, away from kitchen press area. during the hot summer waether we dont light the range till hour before dinner time for cooking and plenty of hot water. Iv a free standing electric cooker that is used as a tray/tin holder..the oven has never been used, grill about twice. I did look into taking out the cooker and putting presses and buying a plug in portable hob, only really needed for sunday morning fry ups. However the resale value on my cooker was just too little (from €800 to €200) to justify the expense along with the cost of new units, which had actually gone up in price (had old receipt).

Our range is fab for space heating, cooking, water, we never really used oil only if we away for holidays etc and house cold when we come home and the of course the look of it. we'v a cream.

Have you considered the new range unit you put in your shed and load it up for half a day. See lots of people retro fitting them around here.

hi i cant find a link anyway or dont have any info but ill find out. they are a solid fuel burner that you put outside in your shed but next to your oil boiler. they range in about 2-3k. Im waiting till someone in the family gets one and then ill see if worth it.

We have a Rayburn and an oven & hob. Went for the Rayburn over Aga as it heats all the rads of the house (20 rads) and the water as well as cooking, and you can have one on without the other. It certainly does what it does very well, great for heating & hot water and roasts are lovely and moist out if it, it doesn't dry out food, much easier to keep food cooking slower & longer if that's what you need without risking drying out that would happen with a fan oven.
Whether its worth it for you is obviously a personal decision, to be honest for us I wish we had spent the money putting in a stove and an oil boiler so we'd have an oil-free option for heating, and as there is just myself hubby & baba I don't use it for cooking as much as I could, but it's fab when I do. You couldn't really be without the oven & hob as well for summer / convenience, also handy at Christmas and when you're cooking for a crowd, I grew up in a house with Rayburn & oven & hob, I wouldn't know how to cook for a crowd without all 3!

I'm putting in a new kitchen and love the look of a range. Have decided against an aga as anyone I know who has one says you have to turn it off for the summer as the house gets too hot. Meaning you need an aga and an oven and hob! While the ranges look lovely are they worth the money?

It is possible to get an electric oven section as an add on to the AGA so that even when the range is switched off the electric oven can be used.

Is there an AGA which burns solid fuel (logs, turf) which can also be used with gas or oil to just cook meals in summer, without heating the house at the same time? I'm searching for a single appliance which alternates - preferably between solid fuel and oil or gas.

Is there an AGA which burns solid fuel (logs, turf) which can also be used with gas or oil to just cook meals in summer, without heating the house at the same time? I'm searching for a single appliance which alternates - preferably between solid fuel and oil or gas.

You can buy a solid fuel version of the AGA cooker with an add on electric oven, grill and then a gas hob. They are referred to as the AGA Integrated module

The range is not as suitable for cooking. Having a eye level oven and a hob is more convienent.
no more bending down, hob is cut into the worktop so no more filthy gaps as would be the case with the range.
If the range is for heating primarily could you put in a stove. This would be cheaper as well
oven and hob every time.
What kind of look are you going for?

Back