Small tile/border tile

monkey0804

Hi, I have just put in new kitchen. I had hoped to get away without tiles above worktop, apart from sink and hob areas. However there is a gap at back of worktop - tiny in some spots, quite big in others, as wall is not even. So I think now I have to go for a tile or similar. Its not in the budget and a quick search shocked me with prices. I literally just want to fill that gap - is it possible to just put a tile edge down? Or could I get away with small tile or even one row of mosaic, if that is even possible? THe only small tile I've seen are glass tiles and they are very pricey. It's quite a long area (6/7 metres)

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

A length of quadrant beading wouldn't cost a lot, though of course it depends on what your worktop is made from whether itwould look right.

Forgot to mention that. It's wooden, white gloss units and dark floor tile. What is a quadrants - is that like a tile edge? :confused:

A bit of advice re using small tiles - if your wall isn't even then don't go for mosaic tiles, even though they come on large sheets the sheets aren't rigid so the tiles show up every contour of your wall.

call your kitchen guys back, there should not be gaps , your worktop should have been contoured to the wall and siliconed

Agree with skingtile, but if all else fails then B&Q for quadrant beading. This is a quarter circle in section, is wood and comes in various sizes.

Hi, Will check out quadrant beading, sounds like it might do the trick.

Thanks for the advice.

Back