Credit Unions Dividend Rates

I

Ipso_facto

Re: Best Value Lump Sum Deposits

Everyone should consider opening a - Credit Union acct. I know they pay dividend as apposed to interest etc. My divi. is worth 3.3% annualy approx. ( Over the 12 years i opened account )

You don't incur D.I.R.T on dividend earning's below - 460.00 euro annually ... approx ( share and saving account differ ) So check out at local branch for the full update.

They have "Demand and Saving" accts. and will include - Life insurance cover - value of cover increases, with shares and time of membership....etc. Also you can enter -Monthly Draw for prize money...etc
Some Local C.U. offer better dividend and service, worth checking out.. ok.

Re: Best Value Lump Sum Deposits

Everyone should consider opening a - Credit Union acct. I know they pay dividend as apposed to interest etc. My divi. is worth 3.3% annualy approx. ( Over the 12 years i opened account )
Problem is you have no idea in advance what they might pay as dividends are only declared at AGM time.
You don't incur D.I.R.T on dividend earning's below - 460.00 euro annually ... approx ( share and saving account differ ) So check out at local branch for the full update.
On the other hand once dividends are taxable they are taxable at one's marginal income tax rate.
They have "Demand and Saving" accts. and will include - Life insurance cover - value of cover increases, with shares and time of membership....etc.
What life assurance cover are you referring to? Never heard of that other than the insurance that clears loans if the borrower dies with an outstanding balance.
Also you can enter -Monthly Draw for prize money...etc
Some Local C.U. offer better dividend and service, worth checking out.. ok.
Monthly draw in my CU costs a fixed amount each month. No thanks.

I remain a member of my CU with a balance of €5+ just in case having recently withdrawn the few grand that I had there for years doing nothing.

Re: Best value lump sum deposits

My credit union has just declared a 3.5% dividend. Over the last year it is a good average. This has been the experience every year. If the present "down town" interests remain as they are then I would expect the C.U. to be even better next year, However, I do agree its hard to depend on that.

Can I ask where is your credit union? My local credit union is giving a very poor 2.25% and my work credit union even less, 2%. My information is most credit unions are only giving these rates. They are saying they are not investment banks and do not want lump sums. I would like to know what other credit unions are giving. I bet none will beat 3.50%

St. Patrick's Credit Union (ESB Staff). The dividend has always been very good in relation to down town

ESB credit union doing very well giving 3.50% dividend. Traditonally work (employee) credit unions have given good dividends e.g. ESB, Gardai. However the An Post Credit Union has gone back to 2% this year which I think is very poor

Re lump sum deposits, Sunday Independent says the best lump sum deposit rates are ''Northern Rock on line (4%) and Irish Nationwide Advantage 30 account (4%).'' The minimum deposit for Northern Rock is €1000 but I think Irish Nationwide is much higher, could be €250,000. Isn't it unfair for Sunday Indepedent to bracket them together. Not many of us have quarter of a million to invest. Glad to see their are not included in AAM 'best buys.'

Back