Ethanol Service Stations

Does anyone know which garages in North Dublin sell ethanol fuel for a Volvo flexi fuel car? The main dealer told me that Maxol sell it and Statoil are about to sell it, but visited 2 Maxol stations on my way to work today (both in Santry) and both didn't know what I was talking about. Anyone?

Very limited I'm afraid.
I bought one last April, and I have only filled with E85 once! As that was the only occassion I passed by a participating Maxol (opposite Ashfield Shopping Centre in Crumlin)
To be honest, it is a lot handier just to use the unleaded. There is no downside to this as far as I'm aware.

Thanks for the link and the replies. Shame to see that it is awkward for most to buy the 'environmental' option. Will Maxol roll out this service to all their stations eventually? Is the dealer spoofing about Statoil doing same?

First I've heard about the statoil thing. Maxol have been quite slow about the roll-out.
I've been thinking a bit more about the environmental benefits aswell and to be honest I've grown a lot more cynical after crunching the numbers. In order to generate the "environmentally friendly" ethanol, cows feed on grass. The milk they produce is then processed. A by-product of this is then converted into alcohol in a multi-stage process, which by its nature is quite energy intensive.
In addition if you add in the fact that cows contribute much more to greenhouse gases per day than your average car, I have begun to wonder whether there really is an actual environmental benefit after all, and whether the reverse might actually be the case?

Back