Credit Union Foreign Exchange - Small Bills?

F

FieldAdvisor

Hi,

Does anyone know if credit unions do small bills for exchange to US dollars, like $5 or $10? I know the minimum in the post office is $20. I've tried calling my local one but they're not answering. I'm planning on getting a few hundred euro changed into dollars for a trip to New York in March but I want to make sure I have some smaller bills available for tipping people in the hotel before I get out and a chance to break it. I'll keep trying the credit union but just thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks all

I would say they would have to order them.

The smallest I have ever had from a bank in Ireland are $20 bills. Even US ATM's tend only to dispense $20s also.

As with lots of CU questions - each CU will set it's own policy in relation to these matters. Your only option is confirm with your own CU. Enjoy the trip.

Hi,

Does anyone know if credit unions do small bills for exchange to US dollars, like $5 or $10? I know the minimum in the post office is $20. I've tried calling my local one but they're not answering. I'm planning on getting a few hundred euro changed into dollars for a trip to New York in March but I want to make sure I have some smaller bills available for tipping people in the hotel before I get out and a chance to break it. I'll keep trying the credit union but just thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks all
Many credit unions use Fexco and I couldn't get singles $ last year. $20minimum I think.

Back