Manor Grove,Terenure

anuj21k

Hi,

Just bit puzzled here read some user comments about Priory way,Manor Grove development which is advertised in Terenure,D-12 and people use to be split on the issue that it is in Terenure or not.
http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/property/manor-grove-goes-on-market-from-159950-434472.html

I am interested in buying in the general development, have being there during day time tens of time and found it nice area.I want to know:
1) How it is to live there and raise young family.Early 30's
2)How are the schools in the vicinity.
3)Pubs etc.
4)Is it safe during nights to walk.
5)What price does a 3bed semi-D house generally fetch in the general area, if anyone is aware of it.

To be honest I can see that prices are little less than general Terenure area and houses are newer/modern. I can see that even if it is in Ternure its at the very end of it.
Thanks for all responses....

I have lived in the area for 18 years and really like it, quite mature, good commuinty

The public schools aren't the best(personal experience), but it has some of the best private schools within walking distance

3)Pubs etc.
Some very good pubs, some very bad pubs,

Yes, very

5)What price does a 3bed semi-D house generally fetch in the general area, if anyone is aware of it.
I dont know the answer to this one, sorry

I have lived in the area for 18 years and really like it, quite mature, good commuinty

The public schools aren't the best(personal experience), but it has some of the best private schools within walking distance

3)Pubs etc.
Some very good pubs, some very bad pubs,

Yes, very

I dont know the answer to this one, sorry
Thanks for the response James gives me a good idea about the area.

The public schools aren't the best

I am not from the area but know it pretty well.

Can’t agree with the above comment.

St Joseph’s Primary (boys) Our lady’s (girls) and Templeogue collage (boys) I would have thought are some of the best public schools in Dublin bar none.

St Pius and the Presentation schools are not too bad either but I stand corrected.

Call into Terenure Garda station and ask them? Every Halting Site is different. The Garda are usually very helpful if someone asks about trouble/issues in an estate.

That estate backs on to a halting site.

Really?? I live very close to the estate (I'm guessing it's the same estate anyway) and I've never noticed that. I've only been there 2 yrs though, so maybe I just haven't explored it properly!!

In answer to the other questions, the national schools nearby are good. Estates are generally quite quiet, kids playing on the green that sort of thing. Decent community spirit etc. Public transport is fine.

My only issues are that the estates themselves are a little removed from a local grocery store (no big deal, but a 7/8 min walk) and I hate how many of the houses look out over each others back gardens (but that's the problem with estate living isn't it).

I heard that 3 bed semis were around the 210K mark (apparently one was on the market recently and had a lot of interest at or around that price).

By the way, it's definitely D12!!!!

Its there alright. Priory way beside the badminton hall. Not sure if there is any trouble to be honest. You can see the top of the halting site houses over the wall in priory way afaik. I'd have to think long and hard about if it was me. Head down and take a proper look around. The priory houses are attractive looking and imo its a great location. But still...

Its there alright. Priory way beside the badminton hall. Not sure if there is any trouble to be honest. You can see the top of the halting site houses over the wall in priory way afaik. I'd have to think long and hard about if it was me. Head down and take a proper look around. The priory houses are attractive looking and imo its a great location. But still...

Lived both sides of it over the past 5/6 years and never knew it was there tbh.
It wouldn't influence me in any way, but I'm not right beside it. I think that's where the available 3 bed semis are at present. The houses on that side are a bit smaller, but as good a buy in terms of vicinity to town and size as you're going to get (if of course you've made up your mind to buy at this stage).

I heard that 3 bed semis were around the 210K mark (apparently one was on the market recently and had a lot of interest at or around that price).

I will love to grab anything at that price the 2 I see on sale are priced @ 300k and 400k mark its funny that for similar housees of similar size asking price differes by 100k but do pm me if you know anything about 210K house, will love to know.
Thanks...

I will love to grab anything at that price the 2 I see on sale are priced @ 300k and 400k mark its funny that for similar housees of similar size asking price differes by 100k but do pm me if you know anything about 210K house, will love to know.
Thanks...

My bad, 290K after discussing with herself who knows all!! Presumably the same two you are talking about.

I also mentioned the halting site (which again she was well aware of), my wife knows a few people who live beside it and they don't have any particular concerns. As I say, it is pretty quiet and generally unobtrusive.

Back