any idea how much a new fireplace?

cibby

I checked all older posts, but cannot find any recent ones about fireplace costs: have an an old 70s tiled surround, coal-effect gas fire. it stained and some tiles are broken. I'd like a hole-in-wall contemporary fireplace, have the old one removed, any plastering done, etc,
Has anyone got ANY idea how much it would cost, please? (am in Dublin). Best to buy in country or in N.Ireland?
all ideas appreciated! Thanks.

Hi,
Just got one put in today from a crowd called Lamartine and they did all the work,removed old one,plastered the wall after putting new one in.They have a nice show room where you can see a wide range of Fireplaces etc

Bought one a few years ago from an antique type shop on Parnell street, close to the turn on to Caple Street. Was several hundred € cheaper than the same fireplace in several other outlets, and I did a fair bit of shopping around. The also gave me the name of the guy that installed it. He did a great job including the removal of an old back boiler.

Hello Eoin,

Was looking at some of their fireplaces recently and found them very good. Can you comment on their efficiency and if you found them good value? Not too keen on their guy coming out to give a quote and charging €100 initially but this comes off the bill if you go with them?

yes we got the guy to come out,all he did was measure up,but if ure sure of the right size dont get him out.We did as my mother had him out and found it good to make sure it was the correct size.They came at 2 today and were finished by 4.30.They covered the whole sitting room and took a while at the end to clean the place and hoover and make sure sitting room was left clean.we called out to the show room on Sat and saw the fireplace and inspected it etc before it was due to come today.

does anybody know anybody that replaces old fireplaces in glasgow - im in the same boat as cibby with my horrible fireplace ? we have tiles surroundimg an electric fire so my husband decided to remove the tiles but all the plasterering is coming off aswell!!!! help anyone

does anybody know anybody that replaces old fireplaces in glasgow - im in the same boat as cibby with my horrible fireplace ? we have tiles surroundimg an electric fire so my husband decided to remove the tiles but all the plasterering is coming off aswell!!!! help anyone

Hi DIYbeginner, welcome to AAM. Please note this is an Irish forum, so you may not get a response on that one.
Leo

Just getting quotes for both a Fondis inset fireplace. The bundles is comming in at approx €4.2k (lowest quote €3.8k) which includes the fire, granite shelf/hearth and a slap of plaster board. It would still need to be finished. Its a room sealed fire so it does have a few extras like external air feed.

Fireplaces Direct in Drogheda have been recommended before on this site and I've dealt with them myself without any problem. Found them very reasonably by comparison with Dublin outlets.

Back