Hotel room with the WOW factor

Further to what Monascribe18 said about the Merchant in Belfast. We stayed there for a night and the room although pricy was out of this work. There is from memory 4 rooms which are the top of the range, brain friel suite, CS Lewis suite, Larkin suite and the Heaney suite which we stayed in. If you are really lucky you could find that some of the bands that are playing in the odyssey which is a 5-10 minute walk away could be staying in the place to as we found with snow patrol in the room next to us!

For great food and rooms try the old convent in Tipp
Lisloughrey lodge also has lovely rooms and views of the water in Mayo

The dylan has opluent decoration, mirrored walls complete with sexy lounge music throughout.

I agree with Blutack. The Cliff House Ardmore is awesome. Small ,upmarket, and a Michelin Star qualified chef. The duplex suites are incredible and the best view from a hotel room I have ever seen.

I know a bit about hotels in Ireland, so here's a few suggestions:

Dublin - the Clarence & the Morgan penthouses have the wow factor, but at a price. The Dylan is very very nice

Galway - the G - very swish, but you'd want to have a junior suite for the wow

Kerry - the Ross and Killarney Park hotels in Killarney and the Park in Kenmare are pretty amazing

Newcastle, Co Down - the suites at the Slieve Donard are fab.. v fancy bathrooms & the spa is amazing.. good value too as it's in pounds

Belfast - the Merchant - fab, but can be hard to get rooms at times..

Kildare - the suites in the old house at Carton House are very impressive..

I know you're looking for Ireland, but Gleneagles in Scotland is pretty amazing, and it's not too expensive now with exchange rates.. amazing setting too...

As always, personal taste comes into it too.. feel free to pm me if I can help more!

Nad, you and I must be on the same wavelength, I googled 'hotels with a wow factor' and came to this post!

I'm looking for somewhere special myself, one stipulation is that it must have sea view/be on or very near beach. I'm looking in to the Cliff House in Ardmore, anyone else got other suggestions?

Thanks!

I stayed in the Castlemartyr Resort in Cork 2 months back - actually got engaged there the same night. AMAZING place but its v. quiet & relaxing so wouldn't recommend if you are looking for a fun night out!:)

Dunbrody House Hotel in Co. Waterford is beautiful and the food is out of this world. The grounds are also amazing. Its owned by Kevin Dundon the chef. I have been there about 4 times and will defo be going back :)

I'd highly recommend Mount Falcon House in Ballina, Co. Mayo. http://www.mountfalcon.com/ Beautiful setting and they have two stunning suites, the Wallpool suite in particular is really fantastic. Very happy memories of this room as it was our bridal suite earlier this year!

Just back from the Cliff House Hotel in Waterford.

Booked the Cliff Veranda Suite & can highly recommend it. Old World charm but the view from the double shower & balcony over the Bay was amazing.

If you want something other than a hotel check out Irish Landmark Trust. You could stay in a lighthouse, castle... Other than that a suite in any 4 or 5* hotel should be great.

Also in Killarney

The Lake Hotel Roman Suite - pure indulgance and not something you see everywhere.

I stayed here on honeymoon! Was fab. Very fond memories. Some might find it dated but I loved the olde world style. Could have been a Lord and Lady on a fishing and shooting party a century previous. The site says the Roman Suite opened in 2008 but we stayed in something very similar some years earlier.

The Shelbourne is by far and a way the best hotel we have ever stayed in, in terms of the personal service and care received and just the all round friendliness of the staff. If you're lucky enough to stay in one of the suites overlooking St. Stephens Green you should be suitably impressed (having stayed in the Michael Collins suite I can vouch for this!).

Having stayed in the Cliffhouse Hotel in Ardmore last time and would have to say it really did have the WOW factor so thank's for that recommendation guy's , I'm back again looking for your suggestions ,So has anyone any other recommendations for that special night away, after all we all could do with a bit of the WOW factor every now and then, do you agree, At the moment the Wineport is on my shortlist but open to all suggestions

If you like the look of the Wineport, have a look at it's sister hotel, the IceHouse in Ballina.

+1 on Ice House
Stayed there, and loved it, overlooking the river Moy, and a short but lovely drive to Enniscrone beach.
Food was great, therapists in the spa were friendly
Staff left a personally signed note welcoming you to the hotel.
It was just all the little things that made it special.

Nad, you and I must be on the same wavelength, I googled 'hotels with a wow factor' and came to this post! BLUEBEAN

Well Bluebean
WHERE DID YOU STAY AFTER,

And is their any other opinions or recommendations out there on hotel rooms with the WOW factor anywhere in Ireland?

Back