Most common misspellings (on Askaboutmoney?)

Yes!

I am so pleased.

When can I pick up the award. Will it be at the Big 10 celebration or am I allowed to mention that?

Oops if not!

Marion

Independant instead of independent.

Is 500 the magic number for errors, or is that as high as the website can count? ;) Because that's how many times I found independant used.

Wouldn't askaboutmoney be the most commonly misspelt word(s) or is it a punctuation scandal?

Marion I look forward to you acceptance speech.

Hi Sumatra

I understand that the rules of grammar are relaxed for titles.

So, for example, Jobseekers Benefit and not Jobseekers' Benefit.

So, I think Askaboutmoney is ok. Would you like me to rename it ask_about_money.com ? :)

Marraige is another. Only a measly 151 instances of it on AAM thus far, nowhere near the lofty 500 that Marion and Cav have discovered.

just goes to show, should have downloaded ispell...

Interestingly the word "occurences" occurs 10 times in Askaboutmoney, and the correctly spelled word "occurrences" occurs 7 times.

This was before I wrote this post.

I feel a flood of "get a life" posts coming on ...

Just as an aside, although it is always independent (and not independant), both dependent (as in dependent on circumstances etc) and dependant (as in form filling: please list dependants) are correctly spelled words.

Confusion often arises over this.

Dependent is an adjective, dependant a noun.

I don't know whether these can be considered as spelling mistakes?
incase instead of in case
aswell instead of as well

Another pet gripe...lense instead of lens

A late entry for the list

teh instead of the

I know it's a typo rather than a deliberate mis-spelling - I'm guilty of "dyslexic typing" from time to time myself!!

Back