Added to the ICB list for missed loan payment, but never notified.

Zulu;

Whoops! Now kind enough to go to Ulster now for Mortgage ,hmn!

If you send me a private message I will give you a good solicitors name , you can tell him your story and then make up your mind.
From wha you say UB,s messing banjaxed your mortgage, that is serious.

Hello just found this thread. I had a similar problem with a uk bank Santander. They listed me on icb incorrectly and I had no idea . It was for a store card I had cancelled and paid in full in 2008 and they listed me in 2011 . I only found out when ptsb who had basically approved mortgage pulled it based on icb

The good news for me is that I was able to sort it out in 2 weeks in that sandander admitted mistake and removed it from my icb . Broker has gone back to ptsb and says all should go ahead as only problem was icb report .

I am waiting on this decision but I am not hopeful at all and I am very upset I got so close for sandander to have put me in this position.

What are my options here is it doesnt go ahead effectively will be there fault should I persue ptsb based on only reason being the icb which I cleared or sandander for defaming me . Thanks mojo.

I had exactly the same situation with Ulster Bank on an investment mortgage. I was in dispute with Ulster Bank when they changed my interest only mortgage to capital and interest with only 10 days notice!!! While the dispute was taking place I ended up paying the capital and interest payments on the 30th day. I knew if I delayed another day it would have affected my credit rating. It turns out that even though I paid on the 30th day it affected my credit rating anyway. They never notified me about this and after about 10 to 15 phone calls a year later I believe I have it finally sorted this out although I'm still waiting for a new credit report to prove this. Very frustrating considering it was their mistake!!

So I've exhausted the complaints escalation process with UB, and I'm taking it to the FSO. One point with their complaint process is that I must specify what compensation I feel is appropriate.

Any ideas how to determine what is appropriate compensation in this instance? (incorrectly listed as bad debtor since 2009; blocked mortgage application, etc..)

It's a long time coming, but last week I got a phone call from UB. From their complaints escalation team. Apparently the agent I'd been dealing with (who was supposed to have sent me out a final position) referred me to them instead of issuing the letter. Anyway, they investigated and have agreed that although they weren't "legally obliged to notify me" of any missed payments at the time, shortly afterwards there was a legal obligation introduced.
In short they don't recognise a mistake on their side, but do recognise that I was very poorly treated, and that I had made a genuine effort to pay on time.

So they are removing my name from the ICB (via amendment) and offering me €750 in compensation! Jolly good show I'd have thought. Would the FSO penalise them more do you think? Are they running scared, or is this a genuine offer?

Back