New York in May

lz1

planning a trip to NY with better half (no kids).
will be tight enough budget so any advice on nice places to stay and eat
without spending the kids lunch money.

thanks

hello there ,
just back from there myself, try fitzpatricks hotel groups, they are reasonable and very fancy for the price, go to hotels.com. or ebookers.ie.

applebees is a lovely plae to eat its just off time square, the food is normally quite cheap everywhere so wouldnt really worry too much about finding somewhere nice to eat.

Central park is free, a magical place...so is the ferry over to Staten Island.
Diners are everywhere food tasty and cheap..Enjoy

If you are tight on budget, try:

-----
Leo House

332 West 23 St, NYC 10011

(212) 929-1010
------

This is a clean, safe and tidy (airconditioned) accommodation. I know some people who have stayed there and they were very happy with it.

The prices for rooms here will be difficult to beat, but I would also draw your attention to some caveats:
- they have a 'strange' customer service philosophy. For example, I think advance bookings can only be confirmed over fax no more than X days in advance of the date you wish to stay
- doubly confirm your booking
- not all rooms have their own en suite, but some do - you should double check that too in case you have an aversion to sharing bathrooms

That's what I know from personal experience. Other reviews on TripAdvisor:

I would highly recommend Fitzpatricks in Manhatten. It's a home away from home! Accomadation is very important in NY,if you get it wrong it can spoil your holiday It's nice to have a good hotel to relax in after a hectic day in the city. Fitzpatricks won't disappoint.

If you happen to have an accident or for some reason can't go, I'll gladly take your place. Lucky you

Enjoy your trip

We have stayed in Fitzpatricks on Lexington Av and also in the Belvedere on W.48th st and preferred the belvedere by far. we just thought that fitzes was that little bit out of the way from the main drag times square, theatres and the like.

There is a great little Bar on McDougal Street called 99 Below, which has good bar food and drinks specials. www.99belownyc.com. The guy that runs the bar is really friendly (his name is Cathal) and he takes care of everybody.

going to new york next week and just visited site for la quinta hotel jaysus i thought id be getting great deal but 254 dollars per night to me is not a good deal for a couple no way hose ill let you know how i get on

Back