iPhone Apps for business

Jackie D

Searching for new iPhone apps for business..

Maybe people could recommend which apps they find the best.. New and Old?

Thanks a mil

Theres meant to be a supplement in The Sunday Business Post tomorrow so that might have more but these are what I use.

Documents (free version or full version) it basically opens all forms of documents. I know its small on the iPhone but it does help to be able to open attachments on the go.

Dragon Dictation (free) I use this all the time. It converts speech to text and is far more accurate than you would think.

Quick Voice (free) or Voice memos (free) there are other options as well but this is the one I use basically a Dictaphone. I have used digital Dictaphones but the clarity on this is much better.

XE currency converter (free) does what it says

Twitterific/wordpress/facebook (if your business uses those)

App box pro (free or full versions) basically has a load of basic apps under the one roof for example calendar/calculator mail. I know with folders on the iPhone now this doesn't make as much difference but its handy to just open it up and see them all there and there is less clutter

Dictionary (free)

Free translator.

Adobe ideas (free) basically if you think of something you can get it down there fast.

Instapaper (I can't remember I think this is paid) - allows you to save online documents to read later. So say you are travelling and may not have 3g/wifi

Twin web- allows you to browse two websites at once. It splits the screen.

Therea are loads more what area of business would you be using it for generally so I can have a look and see what I can find. I have too many to list ;)

ETA iePhonebook basically a golden pages for your iPhone

Last edited:
Thanks for those! Some interesting apps there especially "Documents".. The supplement in the Business Post was mainly for the iPad

Is there an app which you can separate photos into different albums personal and work for example?

how did you get dragon dictation? when i search the appstore for it , it doesnt show up?

Theres meant to be a supplement in The Sunday Business Post tomorrow so that might have more but these are what I use.

Documents (free version or full version) it basically opens all forms of documents. I know its small on the iPhone but it does help to be able to open attachments on the go.

Dragon Dictation (free) I use this all the time. It converts speech to text and is far more accurate than you would think.

Quick Voice (free) or Voice memos (free) there are other options as well but this is the one I use basically a Dictaphone. I have used digital Dictaphones but the clarity on this is much better.

XE currency converter (free) does what it says

Twitterific/wordpress/facebook (if your business uses those)

App box pro (free or full versions) basically has a load of basic apps under the one roof for example calendar/calculator mail. I know with folders on the iPhone now this doesn't make as much difference but its handy to just open it up and see them all there and there is less clutter

Dictionary (free)

Free translator.

Adobe ideas (free) basically if you think of something you can get it down there fast.

Instapaper (I can't remember I think this is paid) - allows you to save online documents to read later. So say you are travelling and may not have 3g/wifi

Twin web- allows you to browse two websites at once. It splits the screen.

Therea are loads more what area of business would you be using it for generally so I can have a look and see what I can find. I have too many to list ;)

ETA iePhonebook basically a golden pages for your iPhone

A couple more include:

* Soocial: Allows you to sync multiple address books (so, for example, sync Windows Live and Gmail address books with your iPhone one).

* Toodledo: Task manager; can sync it up with Outlook and also use the web site to manage tasks. There's also a desktop tool to add tasks.

Back