Hotel IN Dubai Airport?

shootingstar

We are scheduled to fly into Dubai airport at 1:30am. Our connecting flight isnt until 10:30am (9 hours later).

Is there a hotel on the grounds of the airport or actually attached to the airport that we can stay in for the night? If not, can anyone recommend a hotel please? cheap 'n cheerful is a must :D

Thanks

SS

Its very convenient.
If I recall correctly there is a concourse from T3 that leads directly to the hotel.
As you are looking for a day-room , I would contact them by email for their best rate.

Shootingstar,

On certain tickets where you have a long stop over Emirates may provide Free hotel accommodation see:

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/long_stopovers.aspx
However,

WARNING EMIRATES WEBSITE:

During the online booking process you are not told what booking class your ticket is being allocated. For the long stopover offer you can only avail of it if you are booked in certain classes. You must phone Emirates before you book. You are told the call is recorded. The number you phone is a Dublin number but depending on the time you call your call is answered by Paddy in the UK, or Paddy in Dubai or perhaps Paddy in Bangalore. Be careful because the airline sales person will tell you the fare qualifies (perhaps he believed it would and made a mistake telling me so) and to go ahead and book. When you book you agree to the T&C and once you do so and click to authorise payment and phone them back you'll get through to a different Paddy this one is in Bangalore and he is much more knowledgeable because he tells you the fare you booked doesn't qualify and as you agreed to the T&C you can't cancel without penalty even if it was only 5 mins after you booked.

Your credit card company can't help here because you signed up to the T&C.

There is no complaints procedure but you can e mail them. The recorded telephone conversation is conveniently unavailable and someone like Sharon Hurdiss, Customer Affairs Manager, UK & Ireland in 95 Cromwell Road, London who in her own words is "empowered as the Customer Affairs Manager UK & Ireland, to provide you with Emirates final response" tells you "I apologise if you found the information on our website or information provided by a member of our contact centre staff to be misleading in any way. We do now consider this matter closed and we shall not be in a position to enter into further communication with you regarding this matter".

Eventually you will bring your complaint to European Consumer Centre www.eccireland.ie where you'll obtain very valuable guidance on what steps you need to take. One of the steps requires contacting the Information Commissioners Office in the UK where the call was taken first, for copies of files held by Emirates under the Data Protection Act. Emirates will loose the request so you'll send it again by registered post except now you'll want a waiver of cancellation fees so you can get a complete refund for miss-selling over the phone.

Emirates web site here uses a dot IE domain but the web site is owned and operated from Dubai so their consumer laws apply.

The Dublin office number you phone depends on which call office answers your call. If you are lucky it will be the UK who have similar consumer protection legislation to here in Ireland. If you are not so lucky and Paddy in Dubai answers your call then life is getting short. If Paddy in Bangalore answers it then don't even go there.

A ticket booking class isn't just important for their long stop over Emirates offer it is also important for matters such as ticket flexibility, flight connections, passenger rights when overbooking, denied boarding or bumping occurs.

Best of luck to Ms Margaret Shannon recently appointed by Emirates as country manager Ireland. Bet such deplorable customer service wouldn't have happened on her watch so I think I'll giver her a few days to settle in and give her a call.

Last edited:
Just to let you know the above problem with Emirates has been resolved to my satisfaction and I hope the details in the above post can be used by others who may find themselves in a similar situation.

Back