Motorbike insurance

Thanks for the info, looks like I'm stuck on a 125 hairdryer for the time being:mad:

I don't know if anyone stated this before...but there are bikes above 125cc but below the hp restriction, eg. Honda Bros 400

I just got quoted a massive €7856 from AON bike care for a Honda CBR250, is there anywhere else you can be insured cos i'm only 18 and on a provisional. thanks.

hey aidan,
my advice is to steer well clear of aon, they quoted me 2170 for a 125 virago tpo where carolenash only wanted1370 tp fire and theft and cn offered 24hr breakdown assistance gratis,,ended up with the 535dx version, only paid 1915.(tpo+breakdown)
you didnt say if your bike was restricted, that would help your chances a lot though. best of luck

Just my two cents but there is a French compnay that will insure foreghin cars and bikes in th EU and most probably a lot cheaper then Ireland

Sorry folks but just spotted this from ages ago - does anyone know who this French company is? wouldn't mind trying them - i heard there was a german company that would do the same but again the name is elusive

bijou

Seems to be discussion on other forums in recent days, quinn direct have started insuring bikes. Not on their website yet though.

Hi
does anyone know whether the cover with Quinn Direct is comparable to the CArole Nash one
They seem Way cheaper which makes me suspicious
and the kid on the phone seemed a bit of a dunce

liz,
I'm insured with AON, and their renewal quote (after 1 year) was half the amount quoted by either Carole Nash or Quinn - in fact Quinn came in the most expensive of the three! And they didn't even have my type of bike listed on their system!

Saw this in the Irish Times the other day about bike insurance
[broken link removed]

Hi there to all, i am a new suscriber to this - someone asked about Quinn - I got a quote of 479€ having been quoted 857€ from Carole Nash so its worth trying

I have got fully comprehensive insurance from Quinn for half the price of Aon or Carole nash. Surely thats better than tpft, which was more expensive with both Aon and Carole nash than fully comp with quinn.

There is a british company taking details of irish motorcyclists with a view to setting up here i.e. e-bike.ie - if you log your details with them then they will get in touch by email ( unfortunately still waiting) regards to all

Hi
does anyone know whether the cover with Quinn Direct is comparable to the CArole Nash one
They seem Way cheaper which makes me suspicious
and the kid on the phone seemed a bit of a dunce

So Does Anybody know if they are comparable Cover wise
I know they are cheaper but Cheapest isn't always best!

Cheers

Re: Motorbike insurance/last reply

while quinn are cheaper then whats your problem ! your either insured or not - cops dont care u either have insurance or not ?

while quinn are cheaper then whats your problem ! your either insured or not - cops dont care u either have insurance or not ?

That's rather simplistic. Quinn have a less than perfect reputation for paying claims. There is a lot more to insurance than price. Buying cheap may be buying nasty too.

Yes "simplistic" is a fact. You are either insured or not. Most people expect not to have to use it. If you ride a bike then for 99 % of time insurance is only relevant when you are stopped by the Law (long may it last). I actually did not to for quinn in the end as they do not do multi-bike policies & carole nash were cheaper in the end. If you end up wrecked in wheel chair unable to communicate or move then why would you worry about how you are covered. There are lots of rumors of some british companies moving to ireland but at minute it seems like alot of talk - does anyone know more !

Not just that simple...
Breakdown Cover isn't provided by Quinn.
Then there is the question of accessories like top boxes etc
And pillion passengers...
And whether it is just SPD or 'commercial'...
And multiple bikes...
And agreed replacement value...
And riding other bikes...
And use outside this country...
And where it is stored...
And...
If none of the above affect you fine but if they do... are you covered?

Back