Mortgage protection insurance medical (diabetic)

They wont waive life assurance. advertising deleted -- see posting guidelines

What do you mean? Some lenders will waive the normally mandatory for owner occupier mortgage protection life assurance in certain circumstances. I presume that they consider applications on their own merit.

Why the blanket recommendation for the single broker (?) above? Do you have any vested interest in them?

i have never seen it happen in my experience.

<Advertising in breach of posting guidelines removed - please don't advertise again or you will be banned.>

I know several cases of where the requirement has been waived.

I documented one such case here a few years ago. When I find the link Ill post it here.

offers in most cases the best commision refunds on mortgage protection and lifecover
http://www.labrokers.ie were very competitive on life assurance last time I looked -- not that this is relevant to the original question, to which loads is definitely giving the wrong answer.

My Partner was able to waive his life insurance with PTSB. What helped was that he had 'Death in Benefit' in place. Also paying towards a pension helps. This is what the mortgage advisor in the PTSB told us. Because this was a joint application we were helped by the fact that my wages are higher then his.

My Partner was able to waive his life insurance with PTSB. What helped was that he had 'Death in Benefit' in place. Also paying towards a pension helps. This is what the mortgage advisor in the PTSB told us. Because this was a joint application we were helped by the fact that my wages are higher then his.

His D.I.S. is not assignable however I assume they took comfort by the fact that he had some cover in place.

Paying towards a pension is totally irrelevant imho.

His D.I.S. is not assignable however I assume they took comfort by the fact that he had some cover in place.

Paying towards a pension is totally irrelevant imho.

When you say 'not assignable' do you mean that it cannot be assigned to a person? If so, then this is incorrect. I will receive the DIS money should something happen to my partner. Therefore the bank knows should something happen to him I will receive a large sum of money which will help towards paying off the mortgage on my own.

In regards to pension: I can only quote my contact person in the PTSB who asked specially for DIS AND pension. How relevant it is, I'm not sure we were told it was beneficial.

DIS (as part of an occupational pension scheme) is not assignable to a financial institution.

When you say 'not assignable' do you mean that it cannot be assigned to a person? If so, then this is incorrect. I will receive the DIS money should something happen to my partner. Therefore the bank knows should something happen to him I will receive a large sum of money which will help towards paying off the mortgage on my own.

Yes, and furthermore these DIS benefits cannot be assigned to a person either.

Pension schemes are set up under a discretionary trust, and the trustees will decide, at their discretion, who receives the benefits.

Your partner may have signed a "letter of wishes" but that does not compel the trustees.

We have had our life insurance waived. Have our mortgage with First Active. The Manager thought we couldn't get the mortgage without it forst but on enquiring and signing the waiver form we were fine. i have life insurance but my husband doesn't.

Does anyone know anything about this in 2014? My partner cannot get life insurance cover, but I can. Thanks a mil.

Back