Mulberry Beckett Stove

fluffy47

If anyone has a Beckett model can you tell me if the Flue comes from the top or back of the stove please ? . Another question for owners -how much space in cms have you left infront of your stove on the hearth before it meets with the floor;.

Many Thanks

You can have the flue both ways. The position of a stove on a hearth is complety up to you.

Fluffy,

how much space in cms have you left infront of your stove on the hearth before it meets with the floor;.
You should leave approx 12 inches . Enough to sweep up the ashes around the front of the stove. My cousin only left 3-4 inches and as a result the ashes are falling onto his nice carpet.

Thats great -thanks. Had a plumber out yesterday looking at our open fire with back boiler to see if all was ok to change to the Mulberry Beckett. He seems to think that the stove would come out a fair bit into the hearth-I kinda thought that there would be enought space there for it to fit into the chimney breast more!!. Also the Granite hearth that is there already only goes half way back toward the back of the fire place-where it then turns into concrete!!!1 Would This be seen with the Beckett in place or would I need to buy an entire new hearth? One more question-if tiling around the walls inside the chimney breast to finish it off-what kind of tiles might work best with heat? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hi fluffy,
leave as much as you can like stevo said 12" ideal. A few people have used a tiled area rather than a hearth as this keeps it flush to the ground where as a hearth will be a few inches off the ground. Can i ask how much you are paying for the Beckett ?

Thanks for the replies!
FMC-we have been quoted 1580 for the back boiler beckett. Have just measured from where it is thought the stove will come out as far and we only have about 9-10 inches to play with. Just wondering are there any insurance implications with that? We are trying to keep costs at a minimum as replacing the hearth with tiles to make the whole thing flugh with the floor will add on more cost-sounds like a lovely idea all the same. What about the surrounding walls in the inset-could they be painted or would they need to be tiled to protect the walls from heat?

Thanks again

http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad,1650,en.pdf
Go to page 10.

Hi Fluffy,
The Beckett while the door can be opened should not be used with the door open therefore 225mm is the minimum from the front of the stove to a combustible material.
What distance are the walls going to be from the stove? The Becketts thermostat is at the back right hand side of the stove so you will need to be adjusting it from there so give yourself as much space as you can. Tiles will be fine or paint should also be fine depending on the distance.

Back