What's the % fall on a Dublin house now from its peak

paperclip

I'm reading online about Dublin house prices continuing to rise.

I believe that just after the crash, houses in Dublin were 60% down from their peak price.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of this % now?

My own thoughts on this (and it's based on D6W,D10,D14,D16 where I've been looking unsuccessfully to buy for the past 3 years) is that house prices (3-4 bed family homes, 1,100 sq ft+) are up by around 50% from the bottom in Q4 2011.

I believe that a lot of houses are now 25%-30% below the 2007 peak, and rising fast

I agree that in select areas of Dublin as above, the prices are now around 1/3 less than peak , based on recent prices in my estate.

It may well be 40.
Mine is an unscientific sample and probably includes a personal bias lol.

I live in D6w. Some prices are up almost 100% on what they were on 2011, and around 25% below what they were in 2007. Thats for a 1970's 3 bed semi.

My guess is houses in Fairview ,Clontarf ,Marino ,Raheny and Drumcondra are close

to 20% of their peak in January 2007.

It's crazy out there right now. Houses in the areas I'm looking in that were going 420-450k are now seeking 600-700k. And they're selling, fast.
The price rises have really gone nuts in the past year...there's a panic setting in

It is gone crazy in some places. I live behind UCD and the latest house sale here (Listed in property register) in my estate was 20% above asking price and the asking price was 20% higher than a year ago!!

There's a house near UCD with an asking price 57% above 2011 selling price, no renovation or upgrades done.

All part of Govt policy folks. And to think they extended the CGT 7 yr exemption for Investors only 12 months ago...pass the debts of the older generation on the younger cohort, whilst boosting banks balance sheets ahead of the upcoming stress tests.
Also boosts NAMA who can come out and eventually say they made a 'profit'....on loans they got at a massive discount, with the taxpayer taking the hit on the discount.

I don't know...you'd do harm to your health if you thought about it too much

All part of Govt policy folks. And to think they extended the CGT 7 yr exemption for Investors only 12 months ago...pass the debts of the older generation on the younger cohort, whilst boosting banks balance sheets ahead of the upcoming stress tests.
Also boosts NAMA who can come out and eventually say they made a 'profit'....on loans they got at a massive discount, with the taxpayer taking the hit on the discount.

I don't know...you'd do harm to your health if you thought about it too much
With you Delboy;

+ surely any Government could see from demographics that Dublin needs more housing . Yet Government let another bubble, homelessness re-start!
The Little People suffer .The Younger People will pay .

But on the plus side? We will have strong Banks?

Hard not to be cynical.

Back