AH mortgage providers

simo1234

I am hoping for an AH with Cork City Council. There are 5 lenders we can use, Two of them are Ulster Bank and First Active who are offering token amounts due to the state of RBS in the UK. The other is BOI who also are not offering great amounts, also EBS who were ok for me anyway.

Has anybody come accros it where the council would accept a mortgage from another lender if it meant the difference between getting the loan to buy or not?

Simo

simo
it's not a case of the council accepting the bank, but rather the bank being willing to offer the loan for an affordable house, if you follow, are IIB/KBC still offering loans for afforable houses?

They were, with Cork city council you can now use;

Ulster Bank
First Active
EBS
BOI
Haven ( Who are jsut a broker for EBS )

EBS offered a good figure, the rest are no good to a single applicant. I spoke to a tied agent of PTSB yesterday who sounded confident he could get me a good amount, but they are not allowed by the council, might speak to the council and see, they dont give much away though!!!

I got mine through Haven in June. I found them ok to deal with (I used a broker though).
I was lucky enough to get a tracker rate though so that was good. At one point I was having trouble securing a mortgage and Kildare County Council said the lenders listed above were the only ones I could use. I am not sure if this is still the case especially if it came down to you getting the house or not.

EBS will give you a better rate than Haven. Haven are EBS for Brokers and as a result they have to charge a bit more in order to pay the broker. Usually doing it yourself you get the better rate.

EBS offered me the full amount, Bank of ireland insulted me so i told them where to shove their offer. I had 2 other approvals anyway.
EBS are also passing on the interest rate cuts immediately. found them great to deal with.

Back