Where Can I Buy Aquapanel?

NOAH

I want to fuit aquapanels around a shower but where can I buy it? I am in Clare.

noah

Aquapanel is manufactured by Knauff, and B&Q are a major stockist, but I'd imagine only the main builders providers will stock this.
Leo

thanks I will try a few more places, but no one seems to know what I am asking for.

noah

B&Q in Liffey Valley stock it. Probably doesn't help you much if you are in Clare though.
They have Aquapanel Thermal, which is recommended for undefloor heating on floors in areas prone to water, and they also have the much heavier Aquapanel, which is for use as a tile backing boad. No need to plaster, just tile over it.

Only problem is that they never seem to have much in stock, and what is in stock tends to be slightly damaged. Don't know if this is just because I only visit at weekends and only remnants are left before restocking.

I rang Knauf in Tallaght to see if they could provide me with a list of stockists, but they couldn't tell me any for defininite. They did mention some hardware stoes in my area, but when I rang them, they didn't know what I was talking about.

thanks all for replies this has been an absolute nightmare and why people say they will ring you back and never do really leaves me cold. I rang the UK and got a Dublin number, rang Dublin but had to do so 3 times before I got an answer, would not give me a price, gave me 2 contacts, 1 in Clare, 1 in Limerick, rang Clare one and was told categoricaly they never stock or would even order aquapanel, I explained I got number from Dublin contact, made no difference. I rang Limerick and bingo success but delivery was €70.00, yes they did stock it and yes they had it in 8X4 sizes BUT I was then referred to a local supplier in Clare and was instructed to ask for " PermaBase Cement Board" apparently it is similar. I was so gobsmacked I forgot to get the cost of the aquapanel.

here are the liinks

http://www.nationalgypsum.com/products/?query=cat:5&product=45

http://www.greenspan.ie/index.php?content=categories&id_section=11&id_category=12&id_menu=2

I will check out that permabse stuff tommorrow.

noah

Noah,

Any update on how you got on with finding Aquapanel etc.?

Seems to me that more or less the only reference I can find on the web is on the Knauf website itself, or UK websites that don't allow you to order online.

you can buy it from greenspan but the nearest one to me is limerick, near newcastlewest and elivery was 70 euor so i opted for that permabase instead, The permabase issimilar and is 40 euro per sheet.

I have the Dublin contact number for aquapanel if you want it.

noah

Anyone know where I can buy Aquapanel Thermal? (Insulated tile backing board for use with underfloor heating mats such as Devimat)

niallsmart,

I got some in B&Q in Liffey Valley.
However, I'm not sure if they sell it anymore.
You will also need the special fixings, which I got in one of the B&Qs up North.
I looked up the related barcodes on the Knauf site(s) and emailed them to the B&Q customer services email address, asking them to tell me which of their stores had them in stock. They got back to me in a few days (I was surprised).
B&Q in Newry were doing diy packs, which included x amount of AP Thermal and y amount of fixings, but this was working out a good bit more expensive than the sum of the cost of the individual items. I haven't seen these packs recently though.
I got my local builder's providers to order some ordinary Aquapanel for me also, but they insisted that I would have to order a full pallet (25 sheets), so I have a few sheets of that still taking up space in my garage. They were not familiar with it until I explained to them what it was and that it was manufactured by Knauf (whose various types of plasterboard they were already selling).
Hope this helps a bit. I didn't find it too easy to source the stuff, but AP Thermal is very easy and light to work with and definitely made a big difference to the insulation in my bathroom.

teddyk.

Back