PAYE extra income

malpes180

Hello,

Can someone help me with a question please ?
I work for a tech company and I normally only have PAYE income, however this year 2014 I had some extra income for a job that I did privately. I was paid 700€ with a check that I cashed. I should pay 41% of this before the end of October I suppose. Will I have to become self assessed next year and file a return, even for that low amount of extra income ? Or is there anything easier and faster than this ? Is it not enough to just pay the tax and keep the receipt ?

Thanks a lot
Malpes180

Thanks folks,

So I will not have to pay the 41% before the 31 of October 2014, instead pay and file the F12 form before 31 October 2015 ?

Many thanks in advance
Malpes180

The self assessment trigger for non PAYE income I believe is 3,174 euro.

In a related question, does this mean that non PAYE income up to €3,174 is exempt? Or am I mixing up self-assessment with declaration and payment?

In a related question, does this mean that non PAYE income up to €3,174 is exempt? Or am I mixing up self-assessment with declaration and payment?
No. It means you can file and pay the following year when a form 12 is due i.e. for 2013 it is due by Oct 2014 along with the relevant tax payment.

Just a query on deadlines. When filing form e12 through PAYE anytime does it have to be lodged by 31 October or is it some time in mid November. Thanks.

Just a query on deadlines. When filing form e12 through PAYE anytime does it have to be lodged by 31 October or is it some time in mid November. Thanks.

The extended deadline of 13th November is only for Tax Returns filed through ROS (i.e. Form11).

The e-Form12 is filed through PAYE Anytime so no extension applies - the deadline is 31st October 2014.

Back