Temporary Credit Card Needed

I have just returned from 2 weeks in the US where we used 3 different car rental agencys. Each of them required the credit card and drivers license to be in the same name. My credit card expired while I was away (grr!) and as I was the designated driver for the trip we faced issues every time even though we were paying cash for the rental! I ended up having to get my friend to rent the car using her license and credit card, paying $25 extra a day as she is under 25 (even though she was never once going to drive), and an additional $10 to add me as a driver! When you add on tax and insurance etc teh overall cost was pretty ridiculous.

Goto Enterprise rent a car thats were I rented a car in the states and only had to pay cash

Where i am right now,i could really do with a car over here,there is an enterprise car rental place in the town from me,but surely they would not accept a cash deposit,how did it work for you,because they all seem to request either a debit card or credit card as the security deposit at the time of pickup

The likes of MBNA will often be quicker to lend on credit cards than the traditional banks. So, if it's just for a car hire thing, perhaps it might be an option.

As always though, be careful about using the card for the holiday fund too! :)

MBNA have gone mad at the moment. Very hard to get a card out of them. My friend works for them and they are battening down the hatches at the moment. Miss just one payment and they suspend your card for 6 months.

Back