Best antiperspirant for women

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetPal

I don't normally perspire heavily, and have never needed to worry about it before. However, due to a job move, and a consequent longer walk to work, my underarms are letting me down(!). I wonder if someone could recommend a really reliable antiperspirant so that I don't have that awful fear of raising my arms (in case there's a wet patch). What's the best one for women (anti-p, not deodorant necessarily)? Thank you.

clinique have a very good anti perspirant, however you cant get it everywhere... i now use sanex and you can get in any supermarket and is very cheap - i find it great!!!

Check the ingredients and google it.
I know that alot of them use some that are known to cause cancer.

If ordinary ones are not working as you like , maybe your GP can recommend industrial strength anti perspirants ?

Check the ingredients and google it.
I know that alot of them use some that are known to cause cancer.

Probably cancer in the poor creatures they used to test them on.

Ms caveat has spent years evaluating and re-evaluating many options.
Her current deo/antiperspirant of choice is right guard for women (with the lever) - she swears by it - for now.

I'm a 'sure' roll-on man meself - works well for me - I was previously prone to large unsightly underarm patches. I assume the women's version can't be too different.

Thanks to everybody. Bluebells - I have actually tried Mitchum and it didn't work for me, although friends swear by it. I will try Sanex and take it from there. Ta everybody.

If Mitchum doesnt work for you (and it does for most people) you could try Odaban, not available in Ireland you can order from their websit. It is used by people with excessive sweating (hyperhydrosis) i have heard great reports about it.
This isnt like your ordinary over the counter anti - p its mainly for extreme cases.

I would have to second the previous posters reccommendation of Sanex, I find it excellent.

Sweating is a natural function of the body, which detoxes us of lots of poisons.

I would suggest a deoderant rather than an an AP.

I use MENS gilette gel and find it wonderful- its very effective without having a nasty smell, like most women's deodorants have. Then I use a little really good perfume as well- but I have to admit I dont perspire heavily, so this one suits me fine.

I was going to suggest one of those roll-on-ball types but then I noticed the thread specifically mentioned underarms. :D

i found mitchum roll-on better than the stick/solid version.
although i have used sanex and found it fine, i think mitchum is better.

I recommend Driclor too. Put it on before bed and use deodorant as normal the next day. It itches like mad a few minutes after putting it on though!

Sanex is defo my No. 1 - i wouldn't waste my money on anything else as i know it works and i'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back