How long should a pair of boots last?

Jed3Kids

I bought a pair last Dec. Treated myself out of my b.day money. Anyway, wore them a good bit over Dec, Jan, Feb and March. Kinda put them away then and only took them out on a really wet day. When I did I noticed they were leaking. Took them back the shop as they were coming away from the sole (they are wedge) so I thought that's where the water was coming in. They "fixed" them and I put them away again til a few weeks ago when the weather started to change again and got wet. On the first day I wore them in the rain one of my feet was soaked and I noticed that there was a split in the sole so that's where the rain was getting in. They can't be resoled. So haven't been wearing them in the rain but wore them out yesterday (it was dry) and when taking them off last night I noticed the whole back of one of boots is coming away for the heel. I am raging. I paid €75 and am wondering would you go back with them or just let it go?

They are leather uppers with a wedge heel.

I'd think the cut-off for returning footwear is six months. Methinks you should just let it go.

Id go back and see how you get on...no harm in letting shop know your unhappy with quality...

unless sold as waterproof, you need to take extra care after wearing leather shoes in rain.

In addition, again, unless sold as waterproof, all shoes will let in wetness in wet conditions.

After wearing shoes in rain, stuff then with newspaper or other absorbant material and leave in a warm dry place, but not direcly beside a heat source.

If you wear them frequently in wet weather and simply take them off and leave them in a wardrobe/cupbard wthout gibving them care, they will be destroyed fairly quickly.

The retail would have no responsibility in this case.

Back