Vodafone Unlocking Phone

roker

I am absolutely gobsmacked by Vodafones way of doing business. A year ago I purchased from them a Samsung Galaxy Ace (€100), which I discovered later it was approx 2 years out of date when I purchased it. It was a total disaster from the start, It had a very small memory I could only download 4 apps and adding a SD card could not improve it because most things were being prevented from transferring from the internal memory, it had redundant apps that could not be deleted, the battery had a very poor life and the processor was so slow.

After a year I decided enough is enough, so I purchased a Motorola from Meteor and changed over my number.
I planned giving my old Samsung to my granddaughter and I contacted Vodafone to get it unlocked, My online account was immediately shut down so I contacted them by phone, after giving them lots of details I was told that I would have had to spend €127 plus on calls with this purchase and I had only spent €110 , and was refused (I had been with Vodafone previously to the Samsung purchase)
Bearing in mind that as “pay as you go”, I purchased the Samsung outright, how can they do this? I am told in France they are not allowed to lock phones.
Will they get any return custom from me, never ?

The cost of phones are very heavily subsidised by the phone company. That is why they lock them. If your grand daughter goes with Vodafone, she can use it but not with another provider.

But then, if it wasn't suitable for you, would it be suitable for a kid who will want a lot more apps?

Steven

I don't think pay as you go are heavily subsidised, the phone that I have just bought is only €30 more unlocked from Argos.

Good question, but all she does is text friends and Facebook, then she breaks them
The point is I have already wasted a €100 on a useless out of date phone

Options...

1. Sell the phone on donedeal or adverts.ie

2. Give it to your granddaughter and she uses it with vodafone pay as you go

3. Unlock it yourself. LINK

4. Get someone to unlock it for you.

Back