Family orientated hotels in New York

Chuckles

Thinking about having a family holiday in New York for the Christmas... Anyone recommend a family (includes 2 teenagers + 1 child) orientated hotel that would be reasonably priced.... not fussy about the turkey and ham on Christmas day but, would like to eat something that day... I'm told that they don't take that much notice of Christmas day more, Thanksgiving celebrators... any info you can share would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Chuckles

Thinking about having a family holiday in New York for the Christmas... Anyone recommend a family (includes 2 teenagers + 1 child) orientated hotel that would be reasonably priced.... not fussy about the turkey and ham on Christmas day but, would like to eat something that day... I'm told that they don't take that much notice of Christmas day more, Thanksgiving celebrators... any info you can share would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Chuckles

Hi Chuckles,

We have stayed a couple oif times with teenagers in the Embassy Suites, a block from Ground Zero near the Hudson and within walking distance of Battery Park and trips to Ellis Is. and Liberty. We take a two room suite (Double bed for us in one room, pull out beds for the teens in the other). Very comfortable, modern and functional. Great breakfasts. Not the cheapest, but, not the dearest either. Contact the hotel directly when booking as they do regular special deals. Check the reviews:-

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...tel_New_York_City-New_York_City_New_York.html

http://www.affinia.com/Default.aspx
The Affinia group rate really well for New York hotels on Tripadvisor, and seem to have a nice selection of 1 and 2 bed suites at their various hotels. As with the recommendation above they aren't the cheapest but also aren't looking like the most expensive.

Thanks for the info... Any other experiences an advice also welcome although the Embassy does look like good value for money!

regards,
Chuckles

Stayed in the Wellington twice with kids , once at Christmas and it was great.
Mulligans on Madison Ave. do a superb Christmas lunch and reasonably priced.

When you say family orientated what exactly is it that you are looking for , we have been with our teenage son 3 times and stayed in different hotels each time and for the most part all we did was sleep ther as we were out all day every day.

Hi Foxylady!

Well... What I mean is, a hotel that will accommodate 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a child... most hotels on their booking page only permits you to book for 4 people. Also, a hotel that is relatively centrally located tha you don't have to go traveling long distances for sights and shops!

Chuckles

Hi Foxylady!

Well... What I mean is, a hotel that will accommodate 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a child... most hotels on their booking page only permits you to book for 4 people. Also, a hotel that is relatively centrally located tha you don't have to go traveling long distances for sights and shops!

Chuckles

In this case you will probably need to book a suite somewhere the affinia manhattan is a suite based hotel and is very central. I have not personally stayed there but know people who have. Feel free to pm me with any other questions about ny.

We stayed in the double tree in Time Square with our two teenagers and it had a sitting room and a bedroom and you could easily fit in another person to it. It was so central to everything entrance to underground next door and a walk to the shows and central park we acturally walked right down the length of Manhattan (big walkers) the kids loved the location. See my reveiw on trip advisor. Not the cheapest but you will save on transport as you are so central.

http://www.affinia.com/Default.aspx
The Affinia group rate really well for New York hotels on Tripadvisor, and seem to have a nice selection of 1 and 2 bed suites at their various hotels. As with the recommendation above they aren't the cheapest but also aren't looking like the most expensive.

I'll second that, we stayed in the Eastgate afffinia, great location - not exactly family oriented, but has all the suites with tv's, pay movies etc - very reasonably priced compared to most.

Back