Tax relief on Chiropodist Fees?

dave28

Can I claim T.R. on fees paid to my chiropodist ? I pay €35 twice a year
Thanks

Tax relief and chiropody services

Non-medical card holders may be able to claim tax relief on chiropody services if you are required to attend as part of medical treatment. (That is, you have a significant disability or a serious illness, etc. and your doctor directs you attend chiropody services). You may also be able to claim tax relief on any doctors visits and prescription drugs associated with this care.

[broken link removed]

I take it then that you can't claim tax relief for chiropody services for verruca treatment? I had 10 sessions at €30 per session - and still have the verruca!! Is the chiropody tax relief then just for something like chiropody services if you have diabetes say, which I understand can lead to particular foot problems?

Did you go to a doctor first and did they recommend going to chiropodist? If they did I would get letter from doctor confirming that for you files and I would claim, physio etc is allowable if recommended by doctor.

No - I had already spent a fortune with the GP doing the nitrogen freezing sessions on the verruca so I didnt feel I could say to him can you recommend a chiropodist! Al least I can claim the GP visits!

Back