Home Private home policy, can I switch to landlord insurance?

Neil_Ireland

I have a private home policy but now need to rent out the house. Can the policy be switched? I'm insured through the AA at the moment.

You will generally have to take out a new land lord policy and cancel your existing policy (your existing insurer should give you a refund after cancelling your existing policy). That is unless the AA have some mechanism for changing mid term, I doubt it, but its worth checking with them first.

www.powerinsurances.ie

yes you just have to ring your broker/insurance company and notify them that the property is now rented. This adds different risk factors to the insurance and generally increases premium.

You will generally have to take out a new land lord policy and cancel your existing policy (your existing insurer should give you a refund after cancelling your existing policy). That is unless the AA have some mechanism for changing mid term, I doubt it, but its worth checking with them first.

www.powerinsurances.ie

yes you just have to ring your broker/insurance company and notify them that the property is now rented. This adds different risk factors to the insurance and generally increases premium.

Thanks, all sorted today. New policy in place.

Back