Motor Advice needed on making claim against insurance company

C

chocoChimp

Hi there,

Hope you can help me with my problem.

A brief history, I was knocked off my bike by a car. I am currently chasing after the driver's insurance company to settle my claim. It is now been over three months since the accident happened. I ring every week to keep the pressure on, but there seems to be very little movement. The latest from the insurance company is that the driver has sent a letter from his solicitor disputing the facts. He has since stopped replying to the insurance companys follow up queries. So they cannot procede with my claim until they clarify the facts with him.
My question is, what options do I have in this case? If the company cannot get an answer from the driver where do I stand? Is there anything I can do to put pressure on the insurance company to sort this out?

Many thanks in advance!!

chocoChimp

Hi there,

Hope you can help me with my problem.

A brief history, I was knocked off my bike by a car. I am currently chasing after the driver's insurance company to settle my claim. It is now been over three months since the accident happened. I ring every week to keep the pressure on, but there seems to be very little movement. The latest from the insurance company is that the driver has sent a letter from his solicitor disputing the facts. He has since stopped replying to the insurance companys follow up queries. So they cannot procede with my claim until they clarify the facts with him.
My question is, what options do I have in this case? If the company cannot get an answer from the driver where do I stand? Is there anything I can do to put pressure on the insurance company to sort this out?

Many thanks in advance!!

chocoChimp

Walk in to the company offices and demand to have in this order:

a) the handler sort the claim for you
b) if he/ she cannot, the manager
c) one of the directors

You are bound to get sorted - good luck.

I wouldn't bother with the Ombudsman / solicitors.

What are you claiming for, Is it an estimate for bike damage, personal injuries??

If its bike damage the insurance will make a judgment call on the circumstances even if the driver refuses to cooperate. If its personal injuries, that will be along drawn out process with out the cooperation of the driver, and you may need professional advice.

You would do well to ignore the advice by poty.

Hi there!
And thanks for your tips, I very much appreciate for your replies. I am very sorry I haven’t been able to reply myself sooner, but I have been up to my eyes with work.

@ LS400: I am claiming both for three days of lost pay and replacement of damaged clothes.

Back