Good mens shoe shops in Dublin

pingin

I've been advised by my chiropodist to get a good pair of stitched-sole men's shoes. I prefer lightweight casual shoes with laces.

Past experience of shoe shops in central Dublin hasn't been great. They tend to employ teenagers or twenty-somethings who have little or no knowledge or interest in the products they're selling.

Can anyone recommend a good shoe shop in or near Dublin?

Thanks.

Rockport and Ecco are supposed to be good in terms of foot care. Rockport have (or at least used to) a team who run the NY marathon in their dress shoes each year.

Both have shops on Wicklow St., or both brands are stocked in Fitzpatricks shoes on Grafton Street, who don't employ teenagers and seem to know what they're talking about.

Did the chiropodist not give a recomendation to somewhere or at least explain what they meant ? No offence but any shoe shops employ sales people not chiropidists. Their remit is to sell shoes. There is a shop at the top of Charlemont st. beside the Barge pub on the canal which is a repair shop as well as sales. They know their stuff about shoes so they would probably best to what you are looking for. Be aware though that the store is not a fancy sales pitch with nioce benches.

Thanks for that Leo. I got my last pair from Rockport in Wicklow Street. I must say that the woman I dealt with was very attentive and knowledgeable. However, the shoes only lasted six months and now have holes in both soles. Mind you, I did wear them constantly but I expected them to last longer. I'll try Ecco this time for a change.

elcato, the chiropodist did give guidelines as to what I should look out for. He said the style of shoe didn't matter as long as it met those requirements. I do realise that sales people are not chiropodists and wouldn't expect them to be. I do, however, expect them to know about the shoes they sell. Example: in Clark's on O'Connell Street I asked a young woman about boat shoes. She just shrugged her shoulders and asked: What are they? I'll try the shop you recommended. I actually prefer shops without all the glitz and bright lights.

Back