KBC To Launch Credit Cards, Personal Loans

KBC to launch Mastercard credit card in Ireland

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/...h-mastercard-credit-card-in-ireland-1.1749283

KBC are offering:
  • Mastercard credit card.
  • 6 months interest free on balance transfers.
  • Contactless payments for small payments (something often only offered with debit cards).

This enhances KBC's offering for current account customers. However, nothing significant that would cause people to choose KBC over PTSB for a current account.

Contactless payments for small payments (something often only offered with debit cards).

Don't agree with this whatsoever, will only lead to people who are not able to manager their money building up debt.

Today in the UK they are debating why some people get credit cards when they cannot afford to pay it back.

I recommend the book 'Maxed Out' for anyone who is interested in why there is so much credit nowadays.

The credit card will have an APR interest rate of 18.25 per cent on purchases and KBC is offering card switchers the opportunity to pay no interest on the transfer balance for the first six months....

Credit limits will range from €500 to €25,000...
Thats not the worst starting point ... although Gold & Platinum options would be helpful.

When I'm finished trying to relocate the majority of my banking from Danske, I might look at this as a back up card ... not quite sure how much more of Avantcard I can take to be honest.

Don't agree with this whatsoever, will only lead to people who are not able to manager their money building up debt.

Today in the UK they are debating why some people get credit cards when they cannot afford to pay it back.

I recommend the book 'Maxed Out' for anyone who is interested in why there is so much credit nowadays.

I disagree. You simply cannot survive without a credit card. You cannot book a hotel in advance without a credit card. You cannot hire a car without a credit card. The debt issue is a separate issue. The problem of debt is a bigger systemic issue about shrinking wages, soaring cost of living and unfair credit terms. Credit per se has always been around and is not the problem.

You simply cannot survive without a credit card. You cannot book a hotel in advance without a credit card. You cannot hire a car without a credit card.
Booked plenty of hotel rooms without a credit card. Only issue I've ever had is car hire. Otherwise, visa debit works fine.

Back