Best electric shower on the market ?? (Not tank fed)

kojak

Hi,

Our shower has gone and died on us, it was a Mira sport.. in the house when we moved in 3 years ago so not sure how old it was (electric, not tank fed shower).

Anyway I'm just wondering what is the best (most powerful flow) shower available these days and have they come on leaps and bounds... My wiring is ok for a 10.5kw.

So.... Who knows about showers ?

Last edited:
I second the Triton. Had one in my house (T90si) when I moved in and once it burned out I replaced it with another (T90xr).

Are both them tritons electric ? (Not tank fed)
I seen a deal on amazon for a "triton Seville" for £70 on amazon and am half tempted to buy it... 10.5kw
But obviously I know nothing about showers hence why I'm here

Oh I'm not sure about tank fed vs electric. I didn't know there was a difference. I know it's an electric shower, unsure about the tank part.

Coming from a family with plumbers I would recommend the Triton and they also have fitted many Aqualisa models.

Tank fed seem to be the way to go re showering alright... But I already have a Mira event in the ensuite so am now wondering the best electric shower, I would love to have 2 power showers but as we all know this isn't possible (makes sad face)

Tank fed seem to be the way to go re showering alright... But I already have a Mira event in the ensuite so am now wondering the best electric shower, I would love to have 2 power showers but as we all know this isn't possible (makes sad face)

It is possible, you will need a priority switch installed ensuring that both cannot run at the same time, I have two electric showers and two pump showers, all are Mira, all good.

Ok, we need to clarify a few things here.

When you say "Power Shower" do you in fact mean an "Instant Shower" or just a shower that is fed from the HWC (hot water cylinder) and then utilising an internal pump for greater pressure ?

If the latter, which is generally known as a "Power Shower" then you can have as many as your water system will feed as electrical load is negligible.

If you mean an "Instant Shower" then you can still have more than one fed from the same CU (consumer unit) but must utilise a priority unit.

And just one more thing, when you say "Tank Fed" are you referring to the header tank in the attic or the HWC?

IMHO my preference is for a pumped instant shower, fed directly from the header tank as this will be totally independent of all draw offs and any fluctuations in mains pressure.

When you say "Power Shower" do you in fact mean an "Instant Shower" or just a shower that is fed from the HWC (hot water cylinder) and then utilising an internal pump for greater pressure ?

If the latter, which is generally known as a "Power Shower" then you can have as many as your water system will feed as electrical load is negligible.

If you mean an "Instant Shower" then you can still have more than one fed from the same CU (consumer unit) but must utilise a priority unit.

And just one more thing, when you say "Tank Fed" are you referring to the header tank in the attic or the HWC?

IMHO my preference is for a pumped instant shower, fed directly from the header tank as this will be totally independent of all draw offs and any fluctuations in mains pressure.

Agreed, if you have the option to run a pipe to the tank you would be much better than a mains shower for pressure fluctuations.

Thanks for the reply.
I mean instant shower which is what I'm looking for.
And by tank fed I mean from the hot water cylinder which is not what I'm looking for.. Sorry for any confusion

Thanks for the reply.
I mean instant shower which is what I'm looking for.
And by tank fed I mean from the hot water cylinder which is not what I'm looking for.. Sorry for any confusion

Ok, just two more questions, are you looking for a mains or header tank fed instant shower and also is this shower to be sited upstairs in a "standard" two storey house?

Ok, just two more questions, are you looking for a mains or header tank fed instant shower and also is this shower to be sited upstairs in a "standard" two storey house?

I'm going to have to double check that if it's a mains fed or header fed, pretty sure it's header tank fed for assumption purpose for now.
Yes upstairs in a standard 2 story house

I'm going to have to double check that if it's a mains fed or header fed, pretty sure it's header tank fed for assumption purpose for now.
Yes upstairs in a standard 2 story house

Yeah, seeing as how its upstairs it more than likely is gravity fed from the header tank and as I said my preference is for a Triton such as the T90Z or the T90RX...........................

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

Back