Ulster Bank Systems Down, Many Left Without Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit of good news - my account is up to date to last thursday - so they've obviously been working at breakneck speed over the weekend.
Finally.....just had a look at my own - and it finally seems to be accurate and uptodate.

Mine looks up-to-date now

I see an irregular a/c charge on it because it went into unauthorised overdraft due to one transaction so I'll be ringing about that tomorrow

Still no wages that were due on June 22. Everything else is up to date.

2 cheques lodged in local branch on 2nd July still haven't hit the account. I wonder are manual transactions the last to be addressed?

Last edited:
He talks of ATM charges.What ATM charges??he hasn't a scooby doo what he is talking about and with that lost any credibility.

If you think UB customers will be happy with his suggestion then you are either a Senior Exec with UB or you are the Jewellmeister himself,I personally know 5 UB customers and all will now only be satisfied with the summary execution of those involved with this fiasco and cash compensation.
I'm an UB customer. If they offered current customers free fees for life I would be happy. It's the reason I joined them.

How much cash do you think they afford to give everyone? Bank fees would be introduced very soon if they did that. And any cash compensation would be very small compared to how much I'd save if I had free fees for life.

Eithneangela - I lodged a cheque on June 21st at my branch and it is still not showing as of just now...anybody beat that..?

Free fees for life works for me, I personally don't feel the necessity to hang anybody over this mess, systems do crash after all, recovery was poor and they do need to compensate and reassure their customers.

Just back from ulster bank..doing lodgement for work, they say manual transactions wont be up to date till approx 16th..
I noticed on my own u first a/c they managed to take out 10e monthly charge but havent paid my mortgage yet which was due on 27th June!

a large cheque lodged by me at my branch on 25 June into the special interest account still not credited as of today. I was asked if I was issued with a receipt and I showed the handwritten and stamped receipt and then I was asked if I had a photocopy of the cheque - uh - NO, that wasnt provided. I am finding this really stressful to be honest.

Lodged 180 cash in branch with teller on the 20th June it only appeared today on account , I took it out on thursday ,with reciept and id. They are still way behind IMO.

I've just discovered that a transfer from my account to my daughter's, made online on 4th July, has not hit her account (BofI) yet my account was debited on 4th! A reminder to check all transactions once this debacle is over - I have a feeling that there will be lots of transactions unposted/incorrectly posted etc. After all, the catchup is being done manually (yes, back to the old data entry system!) and this leaves lots of room for error!

Lodged a cheque on 18th June afternoon,another on 20th no sign of either, online transactions up to date until 2nd July including a €4.44 charge on 2nd for unusual account activities!! One can only laugh at this stage

Transferred payment to UB credit card on 20th June; hasn't been credited, card now maxed out and regular debits have started to be declined - not impressed...

Still no access to savings deposit (moneydesk). I rang again today and the system is still not back up and running normally. Was told that hopefully next Monday i will be able to access it. Has anyone else been more successful/ had a similiar experience ?

How does one quantify the stress/lost opportunity etc. which has been caused by this UB debacle? I transferred money to my daughters account last week, so that she could purchase stuff for her children for the next school year (clothes, shoes etc.) while the sales were on. No money has arrived to her account, she is on the breadline with a Negative Equity mortgage, lost her Medical card (through the vetting process, even though she's got zilch). This is a very minor result of the UB debacle to lots of people, but not my daughter whom I had informed that the money had transferred to her (naturally, I thought once it's gone from my account, it'll be in hers in 2 days or so!). They still have not updated my cheque lodgements (from the Government, no less!!!!) - yet all my outgoings are totally up to date. Is it possible to forgive the bank and keep with them? Am I too lazy to do anything about it? What is the alternative? Who wants to be with the other rancid banks in Ireland?

Am I too lazy to do anything about it? What is the alternative? Who wants to be with the other rancid banks in Ireland?
And that's where the problem lies. We need them to stay...as otherwise, we're back to the old duopoly we had back in the day - with boi & aib.

How does one quantify the stress/lost opportunity etc. which has been caused by this UB debacle? I transferred money to my daughters account last week, so that she could purchase stuff for her children for the next school year (clothes, shoes etc.) while the sales were on. No money has arrived to her account,

Notwithstanding the included drama in the post, you transferred money last week at the height of the debacle and unsurprisingly the transfer was delayed and you want to quantify the stress etc?? A far less 'stressful' plan would have been to go to an ATM or write a cheque and have given her the money directly...

Any Ulster customers still experiencing problems?

Hi
I'm a journalist hoping to speak with any Ulster bank customers who are still experiencing problems with their accounts - whether that's payments not being processed or incorrect account information.
Please send me a PM or email me at [email protected]

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back