November holiday options

coleen

Hi we usually take a week in November and go to 1of the canary island. We have gone to Tenerife a few times as we are into walking and sight seeing rather than sun bathing ,this has suited us better.
Ryan air seem to have dropped the winter flights from Cork to both Tenerife and Gran Canaria or would it be that they are not yet announced ?
I have been looking at other options and there are good flight prices from Dublin to Istanbul and temps seem to be 20deg which would be quite pleasant.
Would any one have experience of what Turkey would be like in early November and how easy it would be to get around on public transport. Is there beach areas near Istanbul ? I know there would be plenty of historic sights to visit?
I would be interested in any other options that people can think of.
We are just looking for a pleasant location with good options for walking cycling sight seeing with some restaurants and bars / hotels. It would be more convenient if we could fly from Cork or Shannon but we would look at Dublin options also
Thanks

Have been in southern Turkey (Antalya) in November and weather was very pleasant. However, can't tell you anything about sightseeing -- I was in a golf resort -- and know nothing about Istanbul or western Turkey. For a shorter flight, how about the Algarve? Can get some rain, but more likely to be sunny, and has plenty of places of historic interest away from the resort towns. You'd need a car though.

We have been to Madeira a few times, my wife and I are not in to walking but there are lots of Laval walks and the scenery is first class

something different & cold - ryanair €19.99 each way to manchester and then easyjet to Moscow - £35 return each. flights around middle of november + visa + hotel = approx 800euro for 2.

Back