Some cyclists are crazy...

...and yet there's a poster on this site that would probably defend the cyclist, claiming the problem is all of those motorists.

Will he get saddled with a big fine?

Has the spokesman for the cycling body made a statement?

Maybe he should have taken the tube.

Apparently his Sat -Nav put him off course!
What dimwit takes a bike onto a carriageway.
That man needs help.

It's long time they brought in tests for cyclists before allowing them out on the roads (or footpaths, where many cycle despite not being supposed to) ...

Thereafter those who pass the test get a licence, risk getting points and fines etc.

For all the good cyclists there are out there, there are also a lot of idiots who take risks which put both their own lives and the lives of others in danger.

Cyclists are not supposed to be on the footpaths
Motor vehicles are not supposed to be in the bike lines either, yet this is just as common an occurence. In general it seems to me that bike lane markings are ignored by most drivers.
Drivers are not supposed to "cut across" a cyclist either, yet I see this daily.

I say all this as a driver, not a cyclist, by the way, but I genuinely think cyclists (while not blameless) are quite clearly more sinned against than sinning.

It's long time they brought in tests for cyclists before allowing them out on the roads (or footpaths, where many cycle despite not being supposed to) ...

Thereafter those who pass the test get a licence, risk getting points and fines etc.

For all the good cyclists there are out there, there are also a lot of idiots who take risks which put both their own lives and the lives of others in danger.

My kids cycled around the place since they were 6. What sort of a test should they have taken?

If not he'd have to start back peddling.

I cannot but observe that certain cranks are getting involved in this debate. It is obvious that most of their comments stem from a lack of cycling knowledge :D

I cannot but observe that certain cranks are getting involved in this debate. It is obvious that most of their comments stem from a lack of cycling knowledge :D

I agree and while these comments can run in tandem posters shouldn't saddle the different spokes of the discussion with their biased views.

No doubt , there is right and wrong on both sides..
But never forget .

Vehicles hard, cyclists not ; Cyclists beware.

ie. Stay alive.

I agree and while these comments can run in tandem posters shouldn't saddle the different spokes of the discussion with their biased views.
Time to put the brakes on this discussion before it starts a chain reaction. :D

Seeing as the oul testing/licencing system does nothing to stop bad and dangerous driving, I'm not sure why we'd want to build a whole layer of ineffective bureaucracy around cycling. The most likely outcome of this would be fewer people cycling, which makes cycling more dangerous for the rest of us. It also means many cyclists would get back into their cars, creating longer and slower traffic jams.

Back