Tax bill 17cent

I remember seeing a something on a statement I received from Revenue that balances below €5 were considered closed or settled.

Just got a bill from the revenue for 17cents. Are they serious?

What is the document (is it a notice of assessment or a balancing statement or what), and what does it say apart from showing the 17cent balance?

Common sense should tell you that they aren't actually looking for you to pay them 17c.

The purpose of a notice of assessment is to confirm the details of your income, credits etc as processed on the basis of your Form 11 as submitted. It is not a "bill" as such. Notices of assessment issue even when the liability, or balance outstanding, is nil.

The purpose of a notice of assessment is to confirm the details of your income, credits etc as processed on the basis of your Form 11 as submitted. It is not a "bill" as such. Notices of assessment issue even when the liability, or balance outstanding, is nil.

Ah, okay. Cheers, T McGibney. It came out of the blue, for the year 2010, so I didn't know if I had to do anything about it.

I got one saying I owed €4 a while back and it said that the amount was written off.

In 2004 I got a notice of assessment stating an underpayment of €284 and stated "this underpayment will NOT be collected". When I requested a tax clearance cert I got a note saying tax clearance would be supplied on receipt of €284. I phoned them and the cert was sent without the payment. Next year and following years - same process.

This is the first year I got the tax clearance without the phone call

Back