golf gti mechanic in naas dublin area

Dots1982

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the kildare (around naas) area for a routine service. The car is a 05 Golf GTI so if anyone has this type of car and serviced it in kildare or even dublin I'd like to hear from you.

thanks

I have a 05 GTI DSg. I still go to the VW dealership but would be interested to know if anyone recommends a regular garage/mechanic in Dublin for theirs

My dad uses Griffen Motors up near castlewarden golf club they are into the racing in mondello and seem to be very useful

Any decent independent will do. The Golf GTI is a nice car, but is no a temperamental supercar, requiring bespoke skills to maintain it.

I've always been under the impression all these new cars were electronically managed etc...
So I'm now thinking any mechanic can tweak the car's computer? reset service intervalling etc?

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the kildare (around naas) area for a routine service. The car is a 05 Golf GTI so if anyone has this type of car and serviced it in kildare or even dublin I'd like to hear from you.
A friend of mine has had work done on his A3 by a guy in Sallins; speaks highly of him. I see he's recommended on this thread on boards.ie but it's a few years old.

I know I keep saying it but MKW motors 014595266 Just off the nass road at the kingswood / blakestwon exit.

keith is very good

See the auto electrics threads down a few for a positive outcome from the lads.

A few AAM people have used them on my recomendation.

I've always been under the impression all these new cars were electronically managed etc...
So I'm now thinking any mechanic can tweak the car's computer? reset service intervalling etc?

Servicing is the same, oil change, filters, plugs and so on.

There is no tweeking of the ecu required on modern cars, with the amount of sensors on modern cars the ecu can self adjust to varying conditions.
As for resetting service lights, you can usually reset these yourself, the procedure is in the owners manual in most cases.

Neil.

Back