Where can one get a cv updated to a good professional look ?

dodo

Where can one get a cv updated to a good professional look , thanks

Re: CV Updated

Do you have Microsoft Publisher? Lots of fancy fonts and margins on it. I'd keep the fond formal and easy to read, list things accordingly etc. I'm sure www.irishjobs.ie and the like have CV builders on them. Good luck with it.

Re: CV Updated

Do you know any recruiters (either in-house HR recruiters or agency staff)? Get their feedback and action it.

I think most CVs are looked at in electronic format, so I would stay away from fancy fonts or formats:- use a "standard" format, e.g. word, .rtf, or pdf- Limit formatting to 1-2 standard fonts/sizes, with maybe a little italics and bold if appropriate.- make sure your CV contains appropriate key words. (for employer & agency searches)- make sure it prints ok; looks good on paper, no alkward page breaks, your name on the header or footer of each page.- spell check & scan for viruses.

few years ago i approached an agency with my CV tarted up as best as i thought. they went through it with me with a pen and rearranged loads of stuff into the format they liked and i've kept it that way since. the lady said that this was the format that agencies liked. short and to the point with as little BS as possible. they're not concered about the lovely new font you have.

Yeah, content is king! But make sure it's clean and legible. I'd always use a simple font like helvetica or times roman, stay away from anything "fancy."

action it? Translation, please! :)
extopia, this is an example of 'verbing', where you take a noun or adjective and use it as a verb (e.g. 'this impacts our situation'). Verbing weirds words. ;)

dodo, if you have MS Office, open the 'New Office Document' wizard from your start menu and look at the templates under 'other documents' — it'll give you a choice between a 'contemporary', 'elegant' and 'professional résumé . Obviously one should strive to be all three... :)

Back