Bank valuation higher than sale agreed price

ddmani

I am in the process of purchasing a house. Got a valuation from the bank which turned out to be 30,000 higher than my sale agreed price.
I am wondering is there any consequences of this that I should be aware of? It only makes a couple of euro difference in my monthly premium and I really doubt banks would be purposely valuing houses too high.
I'm absolutely happy with the price I've agreed but just wondered about the valuation.

ddmani;

No issue , just means Banks valuer says you got house at a better price than he values it at. That is nice to know.
Banks made an Art Form of (permitting) over valuation in the fluffy times but I doubt if they are up to it again.

You mention premium? If that is insurance premium , remember insurance is on replacement/ build cost not market value.
eg; If you built a house in Dublin 4 for 200,000 and it was then worth 600,000 , the insurance company would probably only pay out 200,000 on a claim.

Check with your lender if they use the valuation or purchase price to calculate your loan to value. If the valuation is used, your LTV will be lower, which may entitle you to a better mortgage rate.

The reinstatement value can be higher than the purchase price in many cases. The figure includes the cost of demo, clearance and a rebuild.

Back