Paid UB Mastercard bill into old Visa a/c

jinty

Hi Everybody,

Ulsterbank changed my credit card from Visa to mastercard earlier this year. This was fine but I accidentally paid my bill into my old visa a/c in July. I didn't notice initially because I thought it was their IT problem. I got a bill with interest, obviously and then I rang them. They led me to believe it shouldn't be a problem and that they would be in contact. That was nearly a month ago and I have rang them 3 times since. I haven't heard anything back.

I haven't paid the interest. Should I? Any advice on what I should do from here? Did anyone else do the same thing?

Thanks!

They led me to believe it shouldn't be a problem and that they would be in contact. That was nearly a month ago and I have rang them 3 times since. I haven't heard anything back.

I haven't paid the interest. Should I? Any advice on what I should do from here? Did anyone else do the same thing?

Thanks!

Welcome to the club. You need to ring their complaints department in Georges Quay. You will then get a standard letter of apology saying that they will get back to you in 10 days. After 10 days you hear nothing then you phone again to make a complaint that your first complaint hasn't been dealt with. That's where I am at the moment.....

Hi Soylent Green,

Is yours exactly the same problem?

The person I was talking to on Monday said she would call me back yesterday and nothing.

I've been on the phone and they've told me they'd get back to me in 10 days. That was about 2 and a half weeks ago.

I called them about 10 days ago and they said they'd get back to me in 5.

I've heard nothing.

I'll write to Georges Quay.

Hi Everybody,

Ulsterbank changed my credit card from Visa to mastercard earlier this year. This was fine but I accidentally paid my bill into my old visa a/c in July. I didn't notice initially because I thought it was their IT problem. I got a bill with interest, obviously and then I rang them. They led me to believe it shouldn't be a problem and that they would be in contact. That was nearly a month ago and I have rang them 3 times since. I haven't heard anything back.

Thanks!

This may also affect your credit rating so make sure that they do not register that as a deliberate missed payment with the ICB.

Hi Jinty,
I had the same problem earlier this year, I rang the number on the back of the card, you get through to Customer Service in the UK, have the date and amount of payment, and the account no. paid into and the account it should have gone to, they investigate and sort it out, the late fees and interest (if applicable) will be reversed when they find and apply the payment to the correct account

Hi Gillarosa,

That's just what I wanted to hear. I've contacted them with the details that you stated below but they're taking for ever to get back.

Thanks!
Jinty

Back