Broken Mira Elite 2

donee

the problem i have is that, the shower, when you switch it off the water keeps coming out, i think its the pump. my question is, is it worth getting someone out to have a look at it re call out charge, new pump, fitting etc or should i just buy and fit a new one cheers in advance donee

Theres a known fault with this unit which results in the water flowing out after turning it off. Are you still under guarantee/warranty? If so, they will send someone out to replace the part thats causing the problem.

no its about 4 years old thanks but the annoying thing is the water tank is in the attic above the kids bedroom and of course its filling all the time , but the gate valve for isolating the shower is'nt that easily accessabile

asuming that you have turned both the shower and the isolating switch off and that the water coming out is a slow flow, not pressured it sould be just dirt in the valve mechanism.Mira is a brill shower ,good normally for 10-12 years, 3 things to do, both switches off, take off cover, where water pipe comes into shower you will see a brass nut about the size of 50 cents , put plastic bag securely under nut to stop water falling onto shower, loosen nut, water will come out , be prepared, take nut out fully, water will flow rapidly, close door as much as you can, you will see a metal filter , clean same, put back, your valve mechanism will be the one where you turn the water from cold to hot, turn to cold gently tap with the back of a screwdriver or similar, may loosen dirt, if that doesnt work next step is dangerous for some, and i stress that, it requires all switches on shower turned full cold again tap gently, if dirt loosens shwer will flow full, CONNECTION WILL BE LIVE.

Back