Travel Vaccinations - How Did They Make You Feel?

Hi flossie,

Just looked through a couple of travel guides and travelling from Kenya, where yellow fever is endemic, to SA does require the inoculation.

Hmmm, I'd prefer the 60% success rate to the almost 100% mortality rate if you are exposed and don't get treatment soon enough.

I should be no more than 4 hours from a hospital, which should be OK - plus i am covered by an international emergency assistance programme which gets me emergency assistance (medical, travel, legal etc.) through work, and should allow me to get emergency air/land/sea travel if it's required.

Funny thing is i took the dog to the vets last month for his passport and got his rabies injection - maybe i should have got the vet to do us both! :D

Hi Langer,

I ended up doing the trip by flying into South Africa and then onwards to Kenya. I didn't need to produce the Yellow Fever card (i flew back from Nairobi). I arrived back on Monday and still taking the Malarone - have to admit, even though i was taking them in the morning, i still suffered very vivid dreams!

Unfortunately i started getting ill in my last few days there and have come home with flu, sinus infection and a chest infection, so not the best!

Back