Antibes/Juan Les Pins on cote d'azur

Adecco

Hi Guys

Me, my sister (both c. 40 years of age) and our Mother (78 years of age) are going to Antibes area in september for 10 days.

Unfortunately i have discovered that unless renting a private apartment, that accommodation in Antibes is difficult.
So i think we are forced to stay in Juan Les Pins.

Does anyone have general info on the area? Googling is good - vbut woudl love to get someones opinion also.

Basically -our holiday will mainly consist of beach / strolling arounbd during the day and then strolling around old town of antibes perhaps in the evening for a meal.

Is Juan les pins a good area to stay? Easy access to Antibes?

Whats the area like overall?

Thanks

Yes I know the area, and sept should be good as past peak holiday time.
Juan le Pins will not be any cheaper than Antibes but maybe you can get accomodation there easier I dont know. The town stretches along the coast so you would be better trying to get something in the end nearest Antibes rather than on the Cannes side. Make sure it is near the beach as the older parts of town are not great. It is not great for restuarants at reasonable prices but if you decide to stay there I will do a follow up post with a few recommendations. I stay in a friends appartment on the beach on the cannes end and that was around 1Km from centre town but I actually preferred to go to Cannes on the cheap local bus where there is a much better choice of restuarants and bars etc. Antibes is beautiful but I find it a bit noisy and messy at night, so better early evening . Let me know wher you are staying and will give more info...

Yes I know the area, and sept should be good as past peak holiday time.
Juan le Pins will not be any cheaper than Antibes but maybe you can get accomodation there easier I dont know. The town stretches along the coast so you would be better trying to get something in the end nearest Antibes rather than on the Cannes side. Make sure it is near the beach as the older parts of town are not great. It is not great for restuarants at reasonable prices but if you decide to stay there I will do a follow up post with a few recommendations. I stay in a friends appartment on the beach on the cannes end and that was around 1Km from centre town but I actually preferred to go to Cannes on the cheap local bus where there is a much better choice of restuarants and bars etc. Antibes is beautiful but I find it a bit noisy and messy at night, so better early evening . Let me know wher you are staying and will give more info...

Thanks.

Unfortunately it seems i am not allowed post urls on this site until i have made at least 15 posts.

But we are looking at 2 places.

1. Eden hotel - right on the beach - on 'avenue Louis Gallet'.
2. Appertement les palmiers - 'Rue Félon' - seems to be between antibes and JLP.

Any advice on the above?

I belive the first one is right beside the train station which is a 3 minute train ride to antibes.
Is this walkable also?

Apparently teh 2nd one is 2km walk to antribes. NOt sure if there's anything such as a dodgy area around these parts?

Any other nuggets of wisdom?

Thanks

the hotel location is good. many hotels here and beside centre of town and beach.
the appartments area i dont know exactly but its beside avenue poncaire where the busses go through the town (main road) so handy. would say the hotel is better. yes you can walk to antibes in around 15mins easily or less. dont rely on train as by the time you walked to station, queued for ticket, waited for train you would be in antibes walking a lot quicker. also train stn in antibes is not as handy as bus depot. free shuttle bus available from juan to antibes is the job. otherwise the 200 line for 1.50c

Hi,

Just to echo what Runner has said, I'd also go for the hotel. We were in Antibes (a couple of times) a few years back ... would go again no problem.

Basically, it's a mix of old town (Antibes) and new (Juan les Pins), the old town does have limitations in terms of restaurants but yet is attractive and nice for an evening walk about. The new town had a couple of younger bars, trendy shops etc as I recall.

The rail line runs all the way across to northern Italy (asusming nothing has changed since I've last been there) with plenty of stops along the way so day trips will be quite easy to several popular locations. As memory serves, there are trains quite frequently and it was not overly expensive.

Weather will still be good, people are generally nice and fairly easy going on those of us with limited French etc.

We got the bus direct from the Nice airport to Antibes for a couple of Euro. We stayed in a one bedroomed apt right in the middle of the Old Town. Just up the road we were able to hop on a local bus that took is up to a lovely mountain village for €1. We also walked to Juan les Pins easily enough. I preferred Antibes and the lovely coastal walk.

www.holiday-rentals.co.uk

The local buss is great. You can get it from airport (5 mins walk from terminal on main road , number 200 going to Cannes) for 1:50c. Will take 40 mins normally. Be aware it stops running at 9 so last bus past airport is around 9.30pm.
Use for local short trips to villages in hills as well as going to Cannes. Not really suitable for trips to Nice as it takes forever (still only 1.50). Longer trips use train which is more expensive.
Agree that Antibes is more scenic than Juan le Pins. Iam an athlete so run around the Cap Antibes and through the town and the water front often and its breathtaking.
Will supply restuarants later

Back