Private tours and restaurants in Krakow

Cheeus

Has anyone any experience of private tour companies in Krakow? I want to organise a private tour to Auschwitz, Saltmines and Zakopane. There are lots of tour companies advertised, just wondering if anyone has used them?

Or has anyone taken the public bus to Auschwitz and gone without a guide? How easy is it to do?

Anyone know of nice restaurants - expensive or cheap?

Thanks!

We took the public bus to the saltmines

and organised Auschwitz through Auschwitz Tours --Its a very busy place

also did a walking tour of the jewish district

There was one lovely restaurant - i'll try and dig out the details

Pod Aniolami was our favourite restaurant. Cavern type setting and the lamb was yummy! Very different but memorable place for us. We used public transport for both the salt mines and Auschwitz Found it better without a guide because we could linger and think quietly without being rushed on. Got a guidebook at the entrance and walked over to Birkenau?which we found even more shocking. Lovely city for strolling around. Enjoy!

Miod Malina Restaurant was very nice. Also on the street where McDonalds is there is a restaurant that looks Italian cant think of the name but it was lovely and on that street also a restaurant you have to go down steps to there is a picture of a king outside the door cant recollect the name though. I have just looked at reviews of the Miod Malina it was 3 years or so since I was there and it was good then. I liked the peasant soup which was wild forest mushroom served in a hexangon shaped loaf of bread with insides scouped out.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking we might try public transport instead of tours. I would just be worried that when we got there we wouldn't be able to figure it out and then it would be too late to book a tour.

Will check out those restaurants - thanks!

Book all the tours from your hotel, a lot cheaper and easier.

dont book from the internet or you will get ripped off.

When we visited Krakow, we booked our tour via the hotel, Hotel Amber. I would say that the tour is doable without a gude but I must say that the guide we had was amazing. We were in no way rushed, and she was excellent. It is an extraordinary place to visit and I am so glad that I got to go there. Loved the Salt Mines too, once again, booked via the hotel when we arrived in Krakow. Enjoy the trip, we loved Krakow.

stayed in the Hotel Rubinstein

Dawno temu na Kazimierzu is a lovely restaurant

proposed in the saltmines

she said yes

fantastic trip :)

You very kindly sent me your lovely book on Krakow.
Due to various happenings we did not get there last year.
We are going next week and |I am very grateful for your kindness in sending your book. I will let you know how we get on. Thanks again Browtal

We stayed in Hotel Stary.......gorgeous hotel with great spa facilities, right in the middle of Krakow. We booked all our tours from the hotel reception.
Ist day, we did a walking tour with personal guide around Krakow.
2nd day we took a private minibus to Auchwitz and Birkenhau, once there, we did our own tour with headphones etc. The minibus then took us to the Saltmines on the way back. A long day but totally do-able with an early start.
An amazing but very humbling trip.

Back