Solicitor to write a letter to the Credit Union?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pot and kettle?

I was responding to his comments towards me. He was simply coming into a thread without anything to contribute and hurling insults in order to get a response. Commonly known as "trolling".

Actually what you said was you 'asked the solicitor'.

To me this could mean anything from- you wrote to them, you emailed them right up to you made an appointment with them and asked them in person. If someone makes an appointment with me to ask me to do something I feel that they are taking the matter seriously and therefore so do I. If I get an email from someone and it doesnt explain any particular urgency, I treat it as such. Hence my question.
I did explain the details in full to the solicitor.
Sorry if it wasn't clear enough, I didn't think of the possibilities of only having emailed or sent a letter. What I meant was that I did speak directly to the solicitor, explained the reasons for my hurry and made it clear that I wanted no undertaking or guarantees, just a statement of the current situation.

You didn't need to slate your solicitor in order to get help here. The fact that you have, in a forum where your solicitor cannot and would not defend themselves or put their side of the situation speaks volumes.

I don't think I did slate the solicitor here. I stated that he was unreliably and crazy. The reason for that statement was to emphasize my fears that he would not send the letter within a reasonable time frame. Again, my only reason for starting the thread was to understand what a "reasonable time frame" is for something like this.

Only when I was attacked for calling the solicitor crazy did I have to go into great detail on why he is so bad. And I don't think he needs to be able to respond to the accusations as he has not been named or slandered in any way. I could be making him up!

People are putting way too much emphasis on the fact that I don't like the way this man conducts business and are jumping on his "band wagon" purely out of some patriotic desire to defend their own profession. This is not a "let's stick the boot into Dr Phil's Solicitor" thread, it was a simple question asking what a reasonable period of time was to receive a letter. A question that has been repeatedly ignored in favour of bashing me for not liking a solicitor!

If you go to a restaurant and don't like the food, should every chef in Ireland jump all over you for disrespecting another chef? This is madness!

I am not looking to start a fight with anyone, let alone you Vanilla as you have helped me a lot in other threads and other queries. I just think that the emphasis of what I asked for has been lost because people are taking professional and personal offence to the fact that I called the solicitor crazy, something which I do apologise for. It was unnecessary and offensive to other soliciters here.

But it is unreasonable to assume that every other solicitor is as good, professional and reliable as yourself. I merely pointed out that this man does not have a good reputation or past record with my family.

I have said a number of times that I am trying not to be rude to either the solicitor or any posters here but that response is just childish. The sterling has got considerably stronger over the past 2 months so I am happy to change now. My decision, my risk, my fault.

Didn't your mother ever tell you, "If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all"? At least the other posters here, even if I don't agree with them, were trying to be constructive and address the issue instead of just being smart.
http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/GBP/graph120.html
Well DrPhilG! As you can see ......... it's a bumpy ride. I wish My confidence was as strong as yours. You've obviously done your homework. Have you not passed this on to George Soros?

...I called the solicitor crazy, something which I do apologise for. It was unnecessary and offensive to other soliciters here.

Fair enough.

IF a client asked me directly to provide such a letter to the CU and IF they explained directly to me that they were worried about a currency change affecting them unfavourably then I would ensure letter went out same day.

Suggest you go back to your solicitor and ask him/her when they will be able to send out the letter, I do not think it would be unreasonable to expect a swift service given the urgency.

Fair enough.

IF a client asked me directly to provide such a letter to the CU and IF they explained directly to me that they were worried about a currency change affecting them unfavourably then I would ensure letter went out same day.

Suggest you go back to your solicitor and ask him/her when they will be able to send out the letter, I do not think it would be unreasonable to expect a swift service given the urgency.

I did try to explain that just like you have said and he got very frantic and started complaining that he could give no such undertaking etc. Like I said my brother warned me that he tended to get very worked up about things and go off on a rant so I tried to explain things as clearly as I could but it still went wrong.

I suspect that he assumed I wanted a letter stating that this money was guaranteed and would be paid directly to the CU and reacted as such. I couldn't even try to explain myself and clarify as he pretty much shouted about these things and then hung up!

I had to get my brother to call him back and explain things again before he calmed down and said that he would send the letter but he gave no indication of when it would happen.

I'll wait til Friday and then call the secretary and ask if it has been done. If not I'll try be extra polite, offer to pay now rather than later, and explain to her the importance of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back