Checking in online flying to Birmingham

WGT

Hi,
I know this is probably a novice question but I'm flying with my wife and son to Birmingham on Aer Lingus next Monday. I can only check online 30 hours before departure. Do I have to print out anything when I check in online to bring to the airport with me? I don't have a printer at home.
I can check in now, but I'll have to pay €15 to pre-select seats. Why this is necessary to allow you to check in early I don't know.

Can anyone let me know what I need to do? Don't want to get stung at the airport as this happened a few years ago as well.

flying with ryanair, you must print out an A4 sheet of paper per person per flight, so three people = 6 sheets (tickets). I print ours in low grey black ink and never had a problem.

Have you any friend/family with a printer?

There's no obligation with Aer Lingus to checkin beforehand online .. if you don't have a printer just checkin at the machines in the airport is probably simplest

yeah check in at the airport, they have little self-service kiosks that are easy to understand and don't usually have much of a queue.

Thanks all for your prompt replies.
On the return flight next Thursday can I do the same in Birmingham Airport?

On the return flight next Thursday can I do the same in Birmingham Airport?
Unless they have changed in the last few years I don't think you can. There is an internet cafe in the bull ring which is about a pound and you can get a printout there.

You can just check in at the desk at Birmingham Airport (i.e. the "old fashioned way") .. I don't think they have self service kiosk machines at B'ham but it's been a while since I've been there ... Eitherway Aer Lingus (unlike Ryanair) don't penalise customers based on how they choose to check in .. so there's no issue using the desk to checkin (other than there perhaps being a queue)

Back