I should 'of'...

The phrase that riles me is "I'll try and do that." It should read "I'll try to do that."

Was is everybody so perpendicular about all this?

I reckon I am guilty of a few of these so try and not be perpendicular about these types of errors. Pretty sure I say I'll try and do that instead of I'll try to do that.

That said someone saying saying "I'm use of it" instead of "I'm use to it" annoys me.

Hearing more and more this phrase "rocked up" as in he rocked up to the bar and ordered a pint...seems to be the most nerdy of people using it and it is just irritating in the extreme.

Blame it on the influx of South Africans. It's a common expression over there, but was met with blank looks over here until fairly recently.

I heard a solicitor on the radio yesterday talking about an inquest. He said a number of times that he wanted the inquest to be fulsome.
Why would anyone want an inquest to be "complimentary or flattering to an excessive degree"?

I was at a talk recently where the speaker, who was discussing charity work in Africa mentioned that she was working with health care workers at the "cold" face and then laughed saying "even though it was really hot ha ha". She nearly got away with it until she added that comment.

I was at a talk recently where the speaker, who was discussing charity work in Africa mentioned that she was working with health care workers at the "cold" face and then laughed saying "even though it was really hot ha ha". She nearly got away with it until she added that comment.

...except they could of seen it coming :p

"Apparently" - A word added to a statement which means I think that's correct but I couldn't be arsed to check it before I post this comment.

I use it all the time. :D

"Apparently" - A word added to a statement which means I think that's correct but I couldn't be arsed to check it before I post this comment.

I use it all the time. :D

It's a high quality weasel word.

I think as punishment, you should be put forward for a place in the Monty Python fish slapping sketch.

Latest one I had thrown at me. This person also states they went to "collage".

" I would like to wish you all best if luck in your upcoming..."

In another forum recently, I saw one person moaning about how another 'took a fence' at his actions.

In the RTE commentary of the Germany Nigeria World Cup game, Stephen Alkin said the game needed a goal to 'break the dreadlock'.

In highlights of the Tour de France, screened on TG4, the Australian guy doing voiceover referred to the 'Duch and Duchess of Cambridge'.

Back